« Looks Like Ya'll Wanted Some G... | Impossible »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Trailer for Germs Biopic What We Do Is Secret

posted by on April 28 at 15:40 PM

The film was directed by Rodger Grossman and it stars Shane West as Darby Crash, Bijou Phillips as Lorna Doom, and Rick Gonzalez as Pat Smear. The movie also features the Bronx playing the part of Black Flag. Srsly.

God, that looks terrible. Can't we just make everyone watch Decline instead?

Posted by Eric Grandy | April 28, 2008 3:56 PM

Yeah, that looks like the anti-bacterial version of the real story.

Lame.

Posted by Jeff | April 28, 2008 4:27 PM

wow... really!?!

Posted by kevin jones | April 28, 2008 5:19 PM

It's probably just because I'm finally reading We Got the Neutron Bomb, but I kind of want to see this. I fully expect it to suck, but I'm still curious. Who's playing Joan Jett?!

Posted by bunnypuncher | April 28, 2008 9:00 PM

Do you really saw the movie?
Because WWDIS is really amazing, and Shane did an wonderful job in it!

Shane’s getting 2 awards for his performance as Darby in What We Do Is secret

* GASPARILLA FILM FESTIVAL - Special Mention–Male Actor

* PHILADELPHIA FILM FESTIVAL - Rising Star Award

He’s great!

I do not know how you can be as bad, you're the judge a thing that you never saw!

Posted by bianelsa | April 29, 2008 5:55 AM

Do you really saw the movie?
Because WWDIS is really amazing, and Shane did an wonderful job in it!

Shane’s getting 2 awards for his performance as Darby in What We Do Is secret

* GASPARILLA FILM FESTIVAL - Special Mention–Male Actor

* PHILADELPHIA FILM FESTIVAL - Rising Star Award

He’s great!

Posted by bianelsa | April 29, 2008 5:55 AM

@5 judging a thing I never saw? much like Shane wasn't friends with Darby, nor was he in LA in 1978...it's a movie...without seeing it I know it's a "theatrical" and "dramatic" bioptic therefore EXPLOITATIVE and REVISIONIST. Just what punk history needs, yet another rewriting. I just can't wait to see what it does to kids in the mall...Germs' Burns for all!

Posted by nipper | April 29, 2008 12:59 PM

Sid & Nancy the sequel.

Posted by panchopeligro | April 29, 2008 4:50 PM

apparently the remaining Germs authorized this movie and helped with the story/casting.

the nail in the coffin for me was when they fucking took Shane West out and reformed the Germs, with him replacing Darby. seriously?

anyways, i'll try to see this at some dollar theater. it looks pretty terrible. i'm with you Eric, just watch Deline.

Posted by jen | April 29, 2008 5:15 PM

If this drivel looks remotely interesting to anybody you are well advised to read Lexicon Devil, the oral history of the Germs that came out a couple years ago. Easily the best band biog' as meta-fiction I've ever read.

I just don't think this movie is really going to portray the odd mix of Bowie/Hitler/Spengler worship, constant pre-teen LSD use and psuedo-Scientology brain washing, hustling, heroin addiction, Iggy stalking, and teenage Queen obsession that the book describes with any sort of justice. In fact this look a lot like Oliver Stone's The Doors for the late 70s early 80s. Disgusting. Bijou Phillips probably weighs 1/8th of what Laura Doom weighed at the time. Even for a dramatization everybody in this trailer looks way too attractive and far to healthy. This should never, ever have been done.

Posted by Scott Goodwin | April 29, 2008 11:25 PM

I'm really glad that I finally got to see the movie. Shane did an outstanding job playing Darby. Thanks so much for making this movie happen. I can't wait to get my hands on the DVD.

And more... think people that see the movie and see the germs perform again will have a much deserved respect and outlook on shane.
no one will ever replace darby, just like you cant squeez 5 years into a 90 min biopic.

But like I said before:
Shane did an outstanding job playing Darby

Posted by johnny | April 30, 2008 4:00 AM

@5, 6 & 11 - posting from Europe w/some nice ESL comments? Is this promo/marketers spam? WTF?

@11 seeing a FAKE darby as darby live with the Germs is supposed to increase my respect? Sorta like my respect for the MC5 was increased after I saw MC3/DTK. Eesh...right, fucking stupid.

Posted by nipper | April 30, 2008 11:38 AM

I'm air-hosteness. And travel a lot. And I saw the movie in Philadelphia.
yes, I am European, but has a problem with that?

I was there. I often travel to the USA. And because my father was big fan of Darby I took him to see the movie!
This is not promo/marketers spam. And please respect me.

Because despite my horrible English, like you said "ESL nice comments." I noticed and understand the whole movie and I know criticize a good performance. Did you speak more than one language? I can speak 5 different languages. I need that for my job..better than most of you that know only one...
I dont know the person that posted comment 11.But for sure he must have a good reason.
From my part I am outraged by the barrier of language because for depression from some of you North- Americans.

yeah...some of you. Because I have some friends from United States. And they are fantastic and friendly to me.

Sorry for my poor english...and made you disgusting me...

Posted by Bianelsa | April 30, 2008 5:24 PM

hahahaha, okay @13 I'll respect you if you are indeed a real person, but shifty marketers of films are WELL known for FAKING good reviews to get a word of mouth buzz...just sayin'.

Posted by nipper | May 1, 2008 10:40 AM