« Sexy, Sexy Vegetarian | Tonight in Music: Blowfly, ANT... »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

About That Nirvana Reunion

posted by on May 20 at 21:41 PM

This from comments in Kelly O’s post:

Sorry, nay-sayers, it’s 100% true. Courtney approached Pat, Pat talked Krist and Dave into it with some help from me and Bruce. Yes, it is a coup, yes it’s happening in Redmond, yes it’s happening this Summer. The Whigs will be in the supporting slot and Steven Jesse Bernstein will be headlining the 2nd stage. Be sure not to miss the Dickless and Gits reunion performances.

Yrs,
Jon

* Update. Statement from Sub Pop:

It won’t be Pat on guitar, it’s going to be Jimi Hendrix.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Why couldn't Soundgarden reunite? They're all still (mostly) alive.

Posted by Jeff Kirby | May 20, 2008 10:03 PM

Because Cornell is too busy ruining his own career to bother tainting the legacies of his old bandmates?

Posted by I'm a Nuclear Bomb | May 20, 2008 10:07 PM

I'm trying to find an official statement. But can't find anything on the site.

Hmmmm.

Posted by trent moorman | May 20, 2008 10:19 PM

its a joke

Posted by sam | May 20, 2008 10:27 PM

Very possibly a joke.

Posted by trent moorman | May 20, 2008 10:28 PM

i'm personally really excited to see Steven Jesse Bernstein's 17-year-old corpse exhumed and thrown on a stage.

Posted by brian cook | May 20, 2008 11:47 PM

@5:
"very possibly..." Are you for real?????

Posted by Jethro | May 21, 2008 1:15 AM

Having a little fun here, Jethro. Come on, let me live a little. Bernstein's confirmed, it's gonna be sweet. Courtney singing Kurt, it's happening. They'll tour. Maybe even remake Bleach. I'm sure the official statement will be up soon.

Posted by trent moorman | May 21, 2008 2:17 AM

but, why? whats the point? this really makes me angry and sad at the same time. Sangry, as i like to call it.

Posted by king ad hoc | May 21, 2008 8:26 AM

Courtney = crap crap crap crap

honor NIRVANA in another way, please.

Leave this witch out of anything that resembles a tribute to such an influencial force.

Kurt ... RIP

Posted by whatever | May 21, 2008 8:26 AM

Lotsa gullibility in this town. Jesus. Good thing Johnny Depp is buying the Crocodile.

Posted by Jason Josephes | May 21, 2008 8:30 AM

Coming soon: the long-awaited Jimi Hendrix Experience reunion... at the Kingdome.

Posted by pete maravich's socks | May 21, 2008 8:39 AM

I'm with 6. As soon as I read the Steven Jesse bit, I smelled bullshit.

Posted by Biggie J | May 21, 2008 9:28 AM

Ha ha ha, the best part is people even thought it was true with with a couple extra bands/artists that are no longer alive thrown in. Although it saddens me to joke about the Gits when Mia Zapata was such a bright shining light that was murdered in such a tragic way.

Speaking of Bernstein, anyone know if that post-apocalyptic Seattle skateboard movie "Shredder Orpheus" he was in will ever see the light of day on DVD? I only have a bad VHS dub from a copy a rented at Peaches.

Posted by dan10things | May 21, 2008 10:12 AM

i heard a rumor from a very reliable source that Christopher Reeve is competing in the Kentucky Derby this year.

Posted by brian cook | May 21, 2008 10:32 AM

STEVE FISK REUNITING WITH HIMSELF.

DEVELOPING.

Posted by mackro mackro | May 21, 2008 11:06 AM

Wow, I didn't think Gits cracks were quite ready for prime time up there. Eeeesh.

Posted by Dougsf | May 21, 2008 6:41 PM

Oh, they'll be swingin' on the flippity-flop for sure.

Posted by Tiktok | May 24, 2008 8:00 AM