« Devotchka at the Showbox | God-Damned Information Superhi... »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Ginsu Tech

posted by on May 5 at 13:32 PM

ginsu.jpgSaturday at Lo Fi was like a Ginsu Knife ad. How many things can you do with a knife? Well, let Scratchmaster Joe show you. With two turntables, he sliced, diced, carved, cut paper, cans, and chopped pennies in half. Then he broke out a stainless steel, rust resistant cleaver and the room gyrated.

Scratchmaster Joe (Nicemaster Nice) is a nimble-nimble thief on the ones and twos. Donte’s thoughts – here. The rhythms and tones Joe derives and wields are unendingly danceable. It was completely spell binding to watch him work. True vinyl genius.

Like a set of Ginsus, Joe is legendary for his ability to cut through anything and stay sharp.

scratchmaster.JPG

Funny. I heard from 2 different people who were there that not only was this guy misnamed Scratchmaster (he can't scratch for shit) but he was also playing extremely boring/lowest common denominator stuff like Ghetto Tech. How can 2 separate individuals see the same show, agree that Talentdeficient Joe sucks while the Stranger writers praise him. Does Trent Boreman have any background/knowledge of electronic music or dj culture?

Message for DJHACK JOE: Let ghetto tech die you talentless piece of shit.

Posted by gracias | May 5, 2008 2:19 PM

Funny. I saw a room full of people dancing and enjoying it. If you think this guy can't scratch for shit, you are deaf.

Are you deaf, Gracias?

As far as Ghetto Tech - are you so shocked he was spinning something Ghetto? It says on his website "keeping ghetto alive since 2005".

Another shocker for you, Gracias, separate people can have separate opinions. But that's not ok, is it?

Tell me what you write about, Gracias. I'm sure it's not boring, right? I'm sure it is completely expert. Show me how to not be boring, Gracias.

As far as my background/knowledge of electronic music and dj culture, I've studied it, I've written about it, I've played it, and I've been a fan of it. Am I an expert? No. But I sure as hell like it, and want to learn more about it. And write about it in an engaging way.

Show me some things you've written, Gracias, and I'll tell you what I think about it.

But that's not good enough for you, is it Gracias? I don't really think it matters what I say or think or write though, cause you'd shit on it, in a brave anonymous comment.

You are the expert, Gracias. You are not boring.

Posted by trent moorman | May 5, 2008 3:09 PM

Tell us how you really feel.

Posted by in after the lulz | May 5, 2008 3:14 PM

Gracias, so you weren't at the show, but you know it sucked? Do you base all of what you think on what other people tell you?

Posted by Thank You | May 5, 2008 4:00 PM

Come on Gracias, admit it... you're really Scratchmaster Joe aren't you?!

Let Nice Master Nice out of the closet again ok?

This show ruled.

Posted by Recess | May 6, 2008 3:21 PM

Did you take this photo? I'm the guy in the blue t-shirt. Just curious what lens you were using.

Scratchmaster Joe was great, but I wasn't impressed by Kirkland.

Posted by ZacMatic | May 6, 2008 5:21 PM