Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on "I Can't Fucking Believe We're Here!"

For this one story alone, I wish I could've gone. That was one of the funnier stories I've read in awhile.

Two sets of titties ain't a bad start.

I hope those guys never lose that sense of innocence. They've been acting like that since day one. Rollout, Truckasaurus!

Posted by godsactionfigure | May 26, 2008 1:21 PM

It was by far the worst performance of the first two days.

Suckasaurus are definitely not at risk of playing on the mainstage next year, so don't worry about that fellas. That would require them to first have a SONG to play, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

What are they about anyways? These guys make fucking background music. Sounds like a 16 year old who just got Reason on his lap top, dicking around for the first time with a MIDI keyboard. Seriously, how is this not just BAD Paul Okenfold?

And Grandy, Suckasaurus' boring, non-musical noodling wasn't even the worst part. I think the worst part was the drunken "banter" that you seem to think was so funny. The dude said the same thing about 4 times, which was their way of making fun of the fact that they seemed to realize they were in over their heads.

I'm surprised you think the "let me see your titties" remark was so funny. You wrote a whole piece a couple months ago about how Ghostland Observatory is supposedly bullshit and cited how many frat-dudes (or "bros," or whatever) were at the showbox to see them as a "reason" why you dont like their music. What does Truckasaurus have to offer in a world where you think Ghostland sucks?

The last band i know of that asked to see breasts at a show was Blink 182. These guys are in stellar company.

Maybe you should check yourself Grandy. Is this pet band of yours really what's cool right now?

Posted by Truckascenesters Come & Get Me | May 26, 2008 3:08 PM

jesus christ if you say "suckasauras" again i will come over to your house and make you suck my sauras

NOT clever (borat voice)

Posted by ndrwmtsn | May 27, 2008 12:41 AM

Whoa dudes, between all the "show me your titties" and "suck my saurus" talk, i'm starting to think that Truckasaurus fans are like little Fred Dursts who listen to electronic music.

They definitely don't like to give reasons for anything either.

Posted by . | May 27, 2008 6:10 AM

Truckasaurus tshirts don't come in XXL. Racist!

Posted by lar | May 27, 2008 9:45 AM

I'm guessing you're not a big fan of electronic music if you're comparing truckasaurus to Paul Oakenfold, a no longer relevant TRANCE producer whose career peaked in the 90's. Granted, that may not have been the best truck performance to date (they were already working at a deficit without the accompanying visuals) but I wouldn't call it "non-musical noodling." These dudes definitely make songs and they do it with drum machines and analog synths, not reason and a laptop, which is one thing that separates them from many of the people making electronic music.

Also, I don't see why you were so offended by the "show me your titties" remark. Who doesn't like titties? Seriously though, I took it as poking fun at the whole big open air mega festival culture. Maybe if you saw those guys in the proper setting (a nightclub w/ big bassbins) you'd feel differently about their music but probably not. I mean come on, you did pay money to see blink 182.

Posted by fucking haters | May 27, 2008 11:21 AM

hey, #4: why do you care what "truckasauras fans are like"? so you can decide whether of not you want to be one of them?

Posted by ndrwmtsn | May 27, 2008 5:47 PM

I could see how it might take some getting used to, to be able to enjoy Truckasaurus. But make no mistake, these guys are the real deal. Those kids have been playing in bands for almost 14 years. Possibly longer.

13 out of the 14, they were constantly made fun of by their peers, and even admitted openly to whomever confronted them that they sucked. Yet, they continued to stick with it.

I honestly don't know how to explain how they got it together, but they did. They do hilariously genius things to their weird vintage junk-struments. Especially if you're a gear-geek. Their new album is *very* re-playable.

And somehow, they got some buzz. Got invited to play places where only a few have gone. And you know what? They still maintain their sweet-heartedness they've always had.

I sincerely dare anyone to point out to me a local band that has paid more dues than they have, or deserves it more. We should be proud of their success. Seriously, check them out! They're even good when you put the bong down....

Posted by godsactionfigure | May 27, 2008 8:41 PM

@6 - you're right, I'm not a big fan of most electronic music. Was Paul Okenfold too low of a blow? For the record, I never paid money to see Blink182. i've never seen them live, but I do know what their banter was like back in the day. Saying someone did something once does mean that money was paid or that it was something I saw, just that IT HAPPENED (you're obviously not a critical thinker, but it's ok). Thanks for trying to connect non-existent dots for the insult though. And for the record, Blink 182 would have been far more entertaining than Truckasaurus
-the titties remark did not "offend me," even though i have titties, it was just a bullshit thing to say and for me really nailed the coffin shut. maybe if they had said something interesting or intelligent or actually funny it would have helped, but when a band's music aint doing it for me and then they get on the mic and sound like a drunk frat dude it goes from bad to worse. Didn't know they were shouting out titties ironically, whatever the fuck you think that means.

@7 - huh? follower? last time I checked, I'm the only person on this thread who holds this opinion, so, yeah, guess i'm following...myself? By the way, ndrw, you eat way too many donuts and you're not as smart as you think you are.

@8 - you're right that it was not a good environment to probably see this band in for the first time, but that just begs the question, "why put them on that stage at that time?"

I will give this band another chance at some point.

Wish Grandy could have weighed in on this discussion before it got buried by other posts...

Posted by Truckascenesters! | May 28, 2008 5:03 PM

You're right, I'm not a critical thinker. I doubt I'll ever be able to reach your level of intelligence. Your musical insight is deeper than the Mariana Trench and your eloquent writing is unmatched. You should look into employment as a music critic if you ever tire of anonymously trashing bands on the internet.

Posted by fucking haters | May 28, 2008 6:02 PM

Anonymously talking shit on the internet is way too much fun, dude.

Wanna make out?

Take a chill pill and listen to electronic music. It will make you feel better.

Posted by Hating the Haters | May 28, 2008 6:09 PM

Whoa! Those guys were seriously working it and at the very least they stood out. Try letting loose a little and just witness the fitness. And what? those aren't songs? those were motherf*in songs. I have titties too (nice)--didn't show mine but I had no problems with their remarks.

Posted by hatehatehate | May 29, 2008 1:12 PM