« Today's Music News | Semi-Finalists Chosen for aniB... »

Monday, May 19, 2008

I Wasn’t There When Jawbreaker Played the Old Fire House in 1994

posted by on May 19 at 16:02 PM

But thanks to B-Sides “R” Us, I can at least hear it (along with a bunch of other live performances and songs not available for purchase anywhere).

Setlist:

11 - Accident Prone
12 - Want
13 - The Boat Dreams From the Hill
14 - Bivouac

Click here to get it.

(ht to my friend Jason)

Ha ha ha, I went to that show. Who was that with, Straw Man and Junior High, right? Those guys we never big fans of playing Seattle, but I was glad to see'em the handful of times they ever came up here, they always played great shows.

Posted by Dougsf | May 19, 2008 6:08 PM

I saw them at the OFH at least once, but it must have been in '95 or '96. I missed their last show there, because it was on a school night and my mom wouldn't let me go. To this day, I regret not sneaking out and going anyway.

Posted by Eric Grandy | May 19, 2008 6:35 PM

They played three times at the Old Fire House - 94, 95 & 96. I was there.

Posted by Sarina | May 20, 2008 1:39 AM

But did anyone ever record the 1990 show at the 'Party Hall' in Rainier valley? That shit was revelatory.

Posted by bronkitis | May 20, 2008 7:59 AM

Good stuff. Wish I had seen them live before they began to taper off.

Posted by danmohr | May 20, 2008 8:50 AM

I have seen every Jawbreaker show in Seattle (and some Olympia), because that band fuckin' ruled.

That's a reunion show I can get behind!

Posted by Steven Severin | May 20, 2008 10:47 AM

#6 - even Granny's House?

Posted by Dougsf | May 20, 2008 12:52 PM

Fuck. Yes. Thank you for this link.

Posted by laterite | May 20, 2008 2:03 PM

Ok guys, if you all went to the OFH around the same time as me....I know this is off topic but do you remember the band tchkung (sp?)? They were all crazy, played metal drums, used grinders, etc. They played at the RCKCNDY too, and their last show they shut down the intersection where the 24hour fitness is.

I can't find them anywhere on the internets.....

Posted by Original Monique | May 20, 2008 3:19 PM

I remember Tchkung, they used to play the OK Hotel a lot, if that helps. Since you're obviously interested in their music, I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Posted by Dougsf | May 20, 2008 3:28 PM

@dougsf: Hahaha, I don't think they were that good per se..I just want to hear what they sound like again. I was *ahem* not all there during those shows. I was curious how my adult ear would like the music. ;)

Posted by Original Monique | May 20, 2008 4:21 PM

Jason Webley took me to that show. I didn't know anything about Jawbreaker, and hearing "Bivouac" live was revelatory at the time. Glad to hear that the the recording is available.

Posted by Matthew (Parker) | May 20, 2008 4:52 PM

Here's a photo of one of the shows, maybe 95: http://flickr.com/photos/tomharpel/87681972/

Posted by Tom Harpel | May 20, 2008 7:52 PM