« Today's Music News | New Cure Single - "The Only On... »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mess with King Cobra…

posted by on May 12 at 12:23 PM

KingCobraChe2.JPGAnd you get Fruity Pebbles. Seriously.

There was King Cobra friction last week. Words exchanged. Disagreement and name calling arose. Shoulders had chips on them. A source was finally cited. (Pictured to the right: Owner Che Sabado as the Flintstone Godfather, Bamm-Bamm Rubble.)

Friday night, a meet up was arranged. I was to talk face to face with booker Jason Rothman, owner Che Sabado, and Bobcat, the club’s web designer / DJ / wrestler. Apprehensive and alone, I entered the club.

Once inside, a cold Pabst beverage was placed in my hand and the threesome said there was something they wanted to show me – in the back alley. “What could be in the back alley?” I thought.

KingCobraAlley1.JPG

KingCobraAlley2.JPG

KingCobraSteps.JPGIn the alley, the henchman Bobcat put me in a headlock, and I was shown the Fruity Pebbles. “You made a big mistake,” Rothman sneered. Sabado slowly and meticulously opened the box.

I pled, “Not the Fruity Pebbles, ANYTHING BUT THE FRUITY PEBBLES. Please, I’ll never not cite you again.”

Then they showed me to the upper level of the club where more cereal awaited, with milk this time. It was delicious. Rothman said, “Fruity Pebbles is fortified with vitamins and minerals. It’s a fun, wholesome, and tasty way to start your day.”

After the cereal fun, we talked about numbers and operating costs of the club. “King Cobra has nothing to hide,” they said. “We want to be known as a place that’s good to bands.”

KingCobraUpstairs2.JPG

KingCobraUpstairs1.JPG

Lastly, we bro’d down, cried into our beers, and buried hatchets. Face to face there was love. On stage, the Femurs and No-Fi Soul Rebellion had killer sets. King Cobra is a great club.

KingCobraBroDown.JPG

(Pictures taken by Matt Harvey)

Yes, now we just need a shot of Eric Grandy wearing my leather Jacket and Slats hat, and we can all get back to music....

Posted by Guitar Doug | May 12, 2008 1:01 PM

beautiful. i think i just cried a little...

Posted by brian cook | May 12, 2008 1:17 PM

1, I completely agree. Look for a 'Grandy as Slats' pullout section in next week's paper.

Posted by trent moorman | May 12, 2008 1:18 PM

I hear that Rothman throws a mean punch... luckily he doesn't hit the boobie clad people. .. that includes big men too.

Posted by Lil Jen (Disheveled Reader) | May 12, 2008 1:27 PM

Shit... All I got was a Fruity Pebble Enema! They told me they all "ate" them that way... DAMNIT!!!

Posted by Rick KLU | May 12, 2008 1:34 PM

so THAT is why you had the cereal with you...

...i just thought it was some new city folk trend like not wearing pants.

Posted by no-fi | May 12, 2008 1:35 PM

Glad to hear order has been restored.

Posted by drheavy | May 12, 2008 1:36 PM

Well played on both sides.

Trent for having the balls to show up and disucss it in person and the King Cobra crew for having a sense of humor about all of it.

More please.

Posted by Jeff | May 12, 2008 1:37 PM

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

Crunchberries or Cookie Crisp for you then Eric? I'll even bring some soy milk if you're one of them cow-huggers.

Thanks Trent for coming in!

Posted by el bobcato | May 12, 2008 1:43 PM

A Fruity Pebble Enema, isn't that how the guy from INXS died?

Posted by ? | May 12, 2008 2:07 PM

I've been waiting for so long for someone to give Trent the thrashing he deserves!

Posted by Ari Spool | May 12, 2008 2:41 PM

Glad to see that the stranger made nice.....

Posted by Bitsaloon | May 12, 2008 2:44 PM

See what happens when you guys sit down and work things out?

I'm truly happy The Stranger and king Cobra could bury the hatchet. They belong together like Peanut butter and chocolate.

Although, good luck trying to get Grandy to step into the club. Everybody knows that kid likes to passively nurse a grudge.

Posted by Naked Referee! | May 12, 2008 3:38 PM

this is the best thing I've seen at all day!
K-Cobra Clan ain't nothin to fuck with.

Posted by KELLY O | May 12, 2008 3:40 PM

I've been to King Cobra, y'all. And I wish them the best—no grudge—and continue to keep my eye out for interesting shows there. However, I don't, as a rule, eat sugary cereal with Mexican wrestlers. Not since my last trip to Tijuana.

Posted by Eric Grandy | May 12, 2008 3:52 PM

This is why the world loves Trent! Lovely ending to a nasty rumor. Thanks for an afternoon laugh :)

Posted by Bing Bing | May 12, 2008 4:23 PM

I am so happy to see that the lame-ass status quo of the Seattle music scene has been maintained. Now lets all go back to listening to post punk.

Posted by hank | May 13, 2008 12:48 PM

I still have Fruity Pebbles in my hair.

Posted by trent moorman | May 13, 2008 1:23 PM