« Second Cloud Cult Show Added | Cold to Rascal »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Bloody Valentine Reunion Tour Coming Nowhere Near Seattle

posted by on May 6 at 12:20 PM

2284407.jpg

My Blood Valentine announced some North American tour dates today. Closest they come to Seattle is San Francisco:

09-19-21 Monticello, NY - Kutshers Country Club (ATP New York)

09-22 New York, NY - Roseland
09-23 New York, NY - Roseland
09-25 Toronto, Ontario - Ricoh
09-27 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
09-30 San Francisco, CA - The Concourse
10-01 Los Angeles, CA - Santa Monica Civic
10-02 Los Angeles, CA - Santa Monica Civic

Damn. But, hey, instead we get Velvet Revolver side-project Stone Temple Pilots! Sigh.

Did I get so stoned last night that I woke up somehwere in the mid 1990s?

MBV was never known for putting on a good live show, so it won't break my heart to not see them.

Also, Frank Black is opening for STP. Wake me up when people start wearing Doc Martens again.

Posted by Jeff | May 6, 2008 12:42 PM

"Did I get so stoned last night that I woke up somehwere in the mid 1990s?"

Wanna go to a rave?

Posted by Eric Grandy | May 6, 2008 12:49 PM

Last time they came to Seattle it was a memorable show but not a great show.

Posted by Biggie J | May 6, 2008 1:05 PM

the venue they're playing in SF is so shitty that i wouldn't go see them there. it's an expo hall, totally unequipped with the acoustics for a concert. it's just loud and echoey and gross, so you won't know whether it's the droning and feedback or just the horrible sound in the venue.

Posted by emily | May 6, 2008 1:11 PM

I've seen them do GREAT shows, and middling ones. But yeah, that was more than 15 years ago, so who knows what they're going to be like. Bands that can pick up that long later and still be worthwhile are pretty rare (or nonexistent).

Posted by Fnarf | May 6, 2008 1:23 PM

Saw'em at the Moore in 92(?) and thought they were fantastic! Of course, they don't really DO much up there, aside from playing My Bloody Valentine songs louder than you knew something could be, but if you can to see them, that's probably what you'd expect.

@4 -Is the Concourse that giant greenhouse thing where all the fashion stuff is put on?

I'm not really interested in seeing what they're up to now (talk about wildcards, they could be [blocked by SPAM filter] on stage for 45 minutes for all I'd expect), but hope all the now-going-apeshit thirtysomethings get their money's worth.

Posted by Dougsf | May 6, 2008 1:31 PM

Rave? Hell yeah. I'll go to a rave. I want to get a pacifier and everything. You know, do it right.

Posted by trent moorman | May 6, 2008 1:49 PM

The second time I saw them, at the Avalon Ballroom in Chicago in April of 92, was the best show I have ever seen in my life - and from 88 to 01 I went to about three shows a week. Like love, timing was no doubt much of the charm: but having missed the Sex Pistols at Winterland (because um, I was 10) I feel like I made it to the runner-up, historical-wise. What an incredible moment.

Posted by Grant Cogswell | May 6, 2008 3:23 PM

It really doesn't matter as much how good the venue sounds when MBV is playing. It's likely going to be a fucking roar.

"You Made Me Realise" would sound great even in WaMu Theater.

That said, I'm tentatively hoping to make that final L.A. date.

I hope this show happens. If it happens, I hope they end it with "You Made Me Realise".

Posted by mackro mackro | May 6, 2008 4:25 PM

They suck live, they should play bumbershoot. I'd love too see thousands of stoned kids from kirkland walk out.

Bumbershoot, make this happen. I won't walk out.

Posted by I'm a Nuclear Bomb | May 6, 2008 11:16 PM