Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Quiet, Please

The humanity! The things a music editor must endure!

It's rough out there kid, keeep your head up.

Posted by Jeff | May 22, 2008 10:50 AM

I spent five minutes discussing this with a certain office manager this very morning!

I hate it with a passion. I keep my volume muted for this specific reason. It's the lastest version of the aggravating pop up ad for me.

Posted by Nay | May 22, 2008 11:16 AM

remind us again why blogs about pet peeves and ipod juxtapositions are better than homepages about cats and myspace profiles (other than the absence of automated music).

same dif?

Posted by shera | May 22, 2008 11:48 AM

i use a plugin called flashmute that allows me to turn off flash based sound files without having to mute the computer entirely. recommended.

Posted by cosby | May 22, 2008 11:57 AM

It doesn't even make any sense to have a flash music player on your band's "regular" web page. Why would anyone pay the money to host and stream that shit when you can do it on myspace and others for free??

Posted by eric w. | May 22, 2008 12:23 PM

ugh I hate this so much. I visited the Myspace Tour page for Justice's latest outing. They started playing a Justice song and a music video for a different Justice song simultaneously at full volume.

Posted by sam | May 22, 2008 1:16 PM

Posted by Sam | May 22, 2008 1:20 PM

Grandy (and all others who seem to agree with him) - LOTS of bands will automatically play a song when you visit their web page. It's pretty normal, dudeski.

The internet is a place where people can do whatever they want, including complaining about bullshit that a) shouldnt surprise them and b) is not a problem in the first place...

Radio Slave? Didnt Rage Against the Machine get back together?

Posted by E | May 22, 2008 3:49 PM

Interesting topic!

Ok, what about MySpace Band pages? I've never known what to do.

Do you think those MySpace band pages should be set NOT to play music?

Posted by trent moorman | May 22, 2008 3:53 PM

Just add Flashblock to your Firefox browser and none of that shit will play unless you actually want it to.

Posted by rk | May 23, 2008 9:59 AM