« I Never Thought I'd Say This..... | Second Cloud Cult Show Added »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

See Sound Lounge Robbed

posted by on May 6 at 12:06 PM

ssl2s.jpg

From Bryce at See Sound Lounge:

That¹s right we were cleaned out last night. Flat screen TVs, turntables, amps, cdjs monitors, etc. etc.

The most standout piece is a blue Turbosound processor which no on else likely has locally.

Please hit me up if anyone comes across a pile of used gear in the near future (especially from a dodgey source).

Thanks
Bryce

good, that place is over-rated.

Posted by j-zeezer | May 6, 2008 2:02 PM

Always sad to see bad things happen to good people. Whether or not the See Sound Lounge is your scene, Bryce is one of the most down to earth, friendly, honest bar/club owners I've ever met in this city. Being born and raised in Seattle and actively "going out" since the early 90s, that's saying something.

Posted by Recess | May 6, 2008 3:15 PM

See Sound is by no means over-rated. Yes, the weekend crowd does suck sometimes, but Bryce really is one of most committed and considerate club owners in the city. As a DJ himself, he works to provide people with the best sound, lighting and performers in the city. It only sucks so much more that such good gear was stolen.

Posted by Adlib | May 6, 2008 3:45 PM

No, this isn't "good"

The flat out sucks. I'm playing an upcoming show on the 14th. I feel bad for this happening to such a cool venue. There had to be like 10k in gear there, easily.

I'm not sure what kind of gear everyone is going to be playing on now, I'm not sure what one does after suffering a burglary of this magnitude.

I hope they find who did it and put him/her/them all away for a long long time.

Posted by Shauk | May 6, 2008 3:52 PM

Um? I think its called insurance???

Posted by huh | May 6, 2008 4:17 PM

Check out KOMO 4 News tonight to see the surveillance from our security system. Maybe you can recognize the criminals who wiped us out.

Contact INFO@seesoundlounge.com with any information!!

Posted by See Sound Lounge | May 6, 2008 6:41 PM

Put screenshots on your website. Post the video on Youtube.

Posted by Zander | May 6, 2008 7:22 PM

Good call Zander.

Posted by Recess | May 6, 2008 7:54 PM

This so sucks! I am so sorry for the See Sound. They have been great, the staff is great and the over all vibe there has always been really positive. Bryce and Kristi are awesome. I feel so sorry that they have to deal with something like this. Hopefully the insurance company will get right on it and the community will rally around them and pack the place out this weekend.

Posted by scobot | May 6, 2008 8:53 PM

This weekend? They should pack it out TONIGHT! Support!

Posted by Adlib | May 7, 2008 5:03 PM

Turbosound monitors for sale on Craigslist. It's a long shot, but worth checking out for anyone in the area

Posted by Ian | May 8, 2008 8:15 AM

Sorry, put the link in the URL field thinking it would display separately

Posted by Ian | May 8, 2008 8:16 AM