« Silent But Deadly | You Take Some Pretty Pictures »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Fountain of Youth

posted by on May 6 at 11:13 AM

Thurston%2BMoore.jpg

Overheard:

“Thurston Moore does not look like he is 50. You know how he does it? He drinks his urine. If doing that makes you look as good as he does when you’re 50 I’m going to start drinking my pee for sure.”

Buh-scuse me? I tried finding some proof of this on the internet but there was nothing. The person who said it was completely serious. Anybody know the scoop? Where did this rumor come from?

i swear to god i heard the same thing somewhere before.. BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE. sorry for being of so little use.

Posted by douglas martin | May 6, 2008 11:33 AM

overheardinnewyork .com is where i first caught wind.

Posted by josh b | May 6, 2008 2:04 PM

I've heard that too. It's time to try it, Kirby. Let me know how it goes.

Posted by trent moorman | May 6, 2008 2:42 PM

You've never heard about the rejuvenating powers of alternate-tuned guitar feedback?

Posted by oye como va | May 6, 2008 2:42 PM

I heard this applied to Yamatsuka Eye of Boredoms... but even that's pretty unfounded.

Posted by mackro mackro | May 6, 2008 4:48 PM

It's not just drinking any urine-- in the cultures that practice it, drinking your first urine of the day is supposed to hold medicinal power.

Posted by christopher hong | May 6, 2008 6:15 PM

Man, drinking my first pee of the day would probably just get me drunk again. Hmmm...

Posted by Eric Grandy | May 6, 2008 8:04 PM

Hah! This is a rumor I support 100% (and for the record, I love Thurston).

Posted by Captain Underpants | May 6, 2008 11:50 PM

warning - not all urine works so drink at your own risk. thurston is possessed with a very special age retarding urine. if you really want to suspend time i suggest you try and corner thurston in the restroom next time he is in town and request a drink from the fountain of sonic youth. he'll know what you mean i'm sure.

Posted by otis | May 7, 2008 12:04 PM