« Plants and Animals on KEXP at ... | Tonight in Music: US Air Guita... »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Letter of the Day from a Red Hot Chili Peppers Fan

posted by on June 23 at 10:39 AM

A year-and-a-half ago I posted about how much I hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Whatever. I still do. But nothing is ever forgotten anymore, thanks to the internet. This morning, I get this e-mail regarding that old, old post:

hey Megan you really need to get a life i just read your little article about the Red Hot Chili Peppers and people like you disgust me why don’t you just get a fucking life and instead of fuckin wasting your time writing shit about bands why don’t you get that time and suck an aids infested dick….I don’t understand how you can actually “hate” a band there’s no need for all of that seriously do something better with you life. gosh fuck off you dumb ass and think next time before your writing shit about the greatest band ever!

- Jesyka

Happy Monday, everyone!

Angry people tend to love really bad music. And obviously Jesyka fits the profile of really pissed off crappy music aids wang lover, I wouldn't worry about it. Go Megan! You rule!

Posted by beach | June 23, 2008 10:48 AM

oh gosh, i remember that discussion...

RCHP - pretty bad but have had some good songs but their music hasnt really held up to the test of time, except "soul to squeeze"...in my opinion

Nobody would argue that they're not an important band though.

Very wack email and that person is definitely not doing the chili peppers any favors.

Posted by E | June 23, 2008 10:52 AM

So now that you've had a chance to consider Jesyka's excellent points, you'll be revising your opinion on the relative merits of this band, right?

Posted by flamingbanjo | June 23, 2008 11:06 AM

Maybe Jesyka is a pseudonym for Josh Homme.

Posted by Barky | June 23, 2008 11:36 AM

I love the smell of vitriol in the morning

Posted by Cian | June 23, 2008 11:40 AM

I can't stand 'em. Ugh. Turn that shit off.

Posted by Mr. Poe | June 23, 2008 11:41 AM

gosh fuck off

Posted by paulus | June 23, 2008 12:19 PM

I'm with you, Megan. The Chili Peppers are total shit and always have been. They might in fact be the worst band of all time; if not, they're close enough.

Posted by Fnarf | June 23, 2008 1:14 PM

@4: winner!!!

the boys look good in their underwear, i'll give them that. but too many tattoos! ewww!

Posted by j-zeezer | June 23, 2008 1:51 PM

Come on Fnarf, worst band of all time?

All i have to say to that is: Nickelback.

Posted by E | June 23, 2008 2:01 PM

god the chili peppers suck. i tried to sit through their coachella set out of "well, I'm not a fan but they're an important band yadda yadda bullshit appreciation of different types of music" and oh my god it hurt my ears

Posted by Jo Spot | June 23, 2008 11:20 PM

yeah, I agree with Megan, but one of the unreleased RHCP song is the best song on the world. Just listen:

Posted by Goodbye Paris | June 24, 2008 11:33 AM