« Keymatic's Utopia | Adriano Celentano - Prisencoli... »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poll: Ménage Átomic Dustbin

posted by on June 11 at 12:54 PM

A singer has written in. He thinks his girlfriend has a thing for his bass player. He asked to remain anonymous:

triangle1.jpgI’m pretty sure they have hooked up, or they want to hook up. They look at each other all the time while we’re playing. I know something is up. It totally messes with my headspace and my singing. I’ve been dating the girl for eight months. The band got the bass player through an audition about two months ago. I guess we’ve become friends (the bass player and I). But this is a deal breaker.

The bass player is a Ned’s Atomic Dustbin fan. Before he was in the band, I remember my girlfriend saying she hated Ned’s Atomic Dustbin. The other day, she got a “Best of” Ned’s Atomic Dustbin CD from Amazon and has been listening to it all the time. I’m so sick of this. It stinks because I really like the girl. What should I do?

This singer should:

OK, I know that I'm sure I should probably know this, but what the fuck is N.A.D.? I'll probably regret inquiring.

Posted by Ari Spool | June 11, 2008 1:16 PM

Ned's Atomic Dustbin. I thought it was too long to put the whole name in there.

Posted by trent moorman | June 11, 2008 1:21 PM

Desiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Posted by Barky | June 11, 2008 1:37 PM

How about this dude nut it up and confront them both? Quit being such a puss, she's screwing around on him because he's not giving her what she needs. Attention: in the bedroom or in the band.

Right?

Posted by Jeff | June 11, 2008 1:40 PM

What about lubing Slats up and then fighting him?

Posted by Toyland | June 11, 2008 1:53 PM

His 'Grey Cells Green' and he needs to 'Kill Your Television'

ha cha cha.

mid 90s altrock FTW!

Posted by bobcat | June 11, 2008 3:33 PM

i say get rid of them both. no sword fights, please.

Posted by douglas martin | June 12, 2008 5:34 AM

It depends... Good bass players are hard to find - so if he's good, dump the girlfriend. If he sucks, dump them both!

Posted by hank | June 13, 2008 1:21 PM