« The Wilders, Saturday at the T... | Less Breathing, More Rock »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Updated Block Party Line-Up

posted by on June 2 at 12:58 PM

For those keeping track, here’s the day-by-day, stage-by-stage break down of the 2008 Block Party. Recently added: Fleet Foxes, Menomena, the Cave Singers, Throw Me the Statue, Jaguar Love, Airborne Toxic Event, and Schoolyard Heroes.

The Main Stage and the Vera Stage are all-ages. Neumo’s and King Cobra are 21+, first come first serve admittance.

THE CAPITOL HILL BLOCK PARTY SCHEDULE FOR 2008

Chromeo
Menomena
Kimya Dawson
The Cave Singers
Kay Kay And His Weathered Underground

NEUMOS
SING SING after party feat: DJís Pretty Titty, Four Color Zack plus special guests.
Fleet Foxes

Zeke
Book Of Black Earth
Feral Children
The Loved Ones
New Faces
Angelo Spencer

Buy tickets and get more info on the festival at www.thestranger.com/blockparty.

fleet foxes are ill...

Posted by Thig Nat | June 2, 2008 1:15 PM

Wait, you're putting Girl Talk on the main stage? And before Vampire Weekend?

How is any of that a good idea? Put him back in Neumo's at let him close the night. And get security to leave the ones who get on-stage alone.

Posted by Nick | June 2, 2008 1:17 PM

The Dodos

not

The Dodo's

Looks like fun, though!

Posted by Levislade | June 2, 2008 1:42 PM

I agree with #2, putting Girl Talk on the main stage and not closing the evening in Neumos is a horrible idea. Why not put him at Neumos during Vampire Weekend so all the under agers who don't even know who Girl Talk is have something to do. Do we really need two nights of Pretty Titty and Four Color Zack.

I may not even go now, this is a huge disappointment.

Posted by blip | June 2, 2008 3:01 PM

Girl Talk at Block Party last year was probably one of the funnest damn nights i've ever had. It's sad he's not on the Nuemo's stage, how the hell are we going to get up on the mainstage and dance dammit?

Posted by T | June 2, 2008 3:03 PM

snap.. aren't there like 6 already announced bands missing from the list?

;)

Posted by ashcan pete | June 2, 2008 3:51 PM

Such a good line-up thwarted by the chance of all the bands I would like to see most overlapping at different stages. And I'm not sure I'll even be going Saturday if I can't see Fleet Foxes or Throw Me the Statue.

Posted by Morgan | June 2, 2008 5:03 PM

I'm just gearing up for LSF again. Damn. They rocked my ass in NY a couple of weeks ago. HEElarious. As always. And WAY tighter than they were the last time they played Neumos.

Posted by dod | June 2, 2008 8:51 PM

I am going to be exhausted by Saturday w/ all the dancing to U.S.E., girl talk and Vamp Weekend. And my arms will be tired from putting them up to Common Market. Cant wait!

Posted by mike the great | June 3, 2008 9:17 AM

the youngsters certainly know who Girl Talk is, which is probably why he'll be in an all-ages venue.

i still scratch my head over the lack of independent hip hop on the lineup.

Posted by wong-weezy | June 6, 2008 1:29 PM