« The Cave Singers Sing for Gov.... | This Is Entertaining Us? »

Monday, June 2, 2008

We Care About Your Opinion

posted by on June 2 at 14:11 PM

Fleet Foxes are one of the bands on the front page of Myspace right now, their new album streaming in its entirety to internet trolls around the world. Needless to say, their profile is filling up with comments every day. Here are some highlights:

Corey sez:

This sounds reminiscent of the 60’s, a little 90’s Rusted Root vibe, but unique all it’s own…I dig it!

Craig The Unholy™ sez:

Hey, thanks for being my friend. Please read my poetry in my blog and comment and/or subscribe. Also, if you want me to do anything for you let me know :)

helix nebula. sez:

I really, really, really hate this band.

I want to know what Craig The Unholy™ thinks Fleet Foxes would want him to do for them. Get them ice cream? Return their videos to Blockbuster? Be best fwiends?

use FIREFOX with ADBLOCK PLUS and you don't have to see that crap.

Posted by bobcat | June 2, 2008 2:58 PM

You want our opinion? OK...I think you ought to tone down the ex-Stranger band love.

Posted by fellate foxes | June 2, 2008 8:33 PM

Robin was an intern at the Stranger way before I ever worked here. I have never met the man, and am doing him no personal favors. I do like his band though, and am fascinated by their rise. You're reading a bit too much into a coincidence there buddy.

Posted by Jeff Kirby | June 3, 2008 12:09 AM

Why are you fascinated by their rise? Their a unique band w/ good harmonies. Yay.

Posted by mike the great | June 3, 2008 9:13 AM

yeah, the fleet foxes thing is getting really fucking old. cause seattle only has the one band, right? once the bottom falls out of this 70's fake folk-rock sub pop revival shit (BOH, G. Archives, F. Foxes) these bands will not even be worth a mention. that's what happens when you aren't doing anything particularly original. pretty? sure, but beyond that there isn't much content. so why does lineout post about them EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. seems just a little strange.
maybe i'm just bitter because i preferred carissa's wierd.

Posted by yawn | June 3, 2008 10:58 AM

That's cool, Jeff@3.

I mean, they're certainly taking off, and that's noteworthy.

I'm not sure I get why; the stuff I've heard is pretty much boring. But whatever.

Here's a question for you (or Grandy, maybe): How come we never read anything about The Long Winters on Line Out? I mean, that band is - what? - 20, 50, 100 times better than Fleet Foxes, and there's rarely a peep about any of their goings-on. Meanwhile we read about each and every Fox fart.

Just curious.

Posted by fellate foxes | June 3, 2008 12:10 PM

@6-because john roderick writes for the weekly.

Posted by bing | June 3, 2008 12:48 PM