Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on We Care About Your Opinion

use FIREFOX with ADBLOCK PLUS and you don't have to see that crap.

Posted by bobcat | June 2, 2008 2:58 PM

You want our opinion? OK...I think you ought to tone down the ex-Stranger band love.

Posted by fellate foxes | June 2, 2008 8:33 PM

Robin was an intern at the Stranger way before I ever worked here. I have never met the man, and am doing him no personal favors. I do like his band though, and am fascinated by their rise. You're reading a bit too much into a coincidence there buddy.

Posted by Jeff Kirby | June 3, 2008 12:09 AM

Why are you fascinated by their rise? Their a unique band w/ good harmonies. Yay.

Posted by mike the great | June 3, 2008 9:13 AM

yeah, the fleet foxes thing is getting really fucking old. cause seattle only has the one band, right? once the bottom falls out of this 70's fake folk-rock sub pop revival shit (BOH, G. Archives, F. Foxes) these bands will not even be worth a mention. that's what happens when you aren't doing anything particularly original. pretty? sure, but beyond that there isn't much content. so why does lineout post about them EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. seems just a little strange.
maybe i'm just bitter because i preferred carissa's wierd.

Posted by yawn | June 3, 2008 10:58 AM

That's cool, Jeff@3.

I mean, they're certainly taking off, and that's noteworthy.

I'm not sure I get why; the stuff I've heard is pretty much boring. But whatever.

Here's a question for you (or Grandy, maybe): How come we never read anything about The Long Winters on Line Out? I mean, that band is - what? - 20, 50, 100 times better than Fleet Foxes, and there's rarely a peep about any of their goings-on. Meanwhile we read about each and every Fox fart.

Just curious.

Posted by fellate foxes | June 3, 2008 12:10 PM

@6-because john roderick writes for the weekly.

Posted by bing | June 3, 2008 12:48 PM