« Sorry to Pick at an Old (Borin... | World Domination »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Another “Fuck You” to Apple

posted by on July 11 at 13:41 PM

apple.jpg

It’s a little late to be jumping on this bandwagon, but Trent’s grievances became all too familiar for me today. A realization: It’s very hard to write for a music blog when your internet has no sound. That’s what I’ve been dealing with all morning. I was listening to the Feral Children track Pitchfork posted today when I got an alert from Apple that there were updates for iTunes and a download of Safari (I use a PC with Firefox, as I am a plebe). Since my current browser has been acting kind of weird lately I decided to give Safari a try. After restarting my computer I found that neither of my three internet browsers would play any sound. I’ve spent the last few hours installing and un-installing plug ins and trying various unsuccessful tips from help forums yet my internet is still agonizingly silent. Myspace songs won’t stream, Imeem won’t even play that Feral Children song again. The world wide web is a cold, harsh place with no sound. You really screwed me this time, Apple.

Although I am excited about the new guitar tuner application for iPhone. That is a pretty good idea, as long as it doesn’t cause something else to stop working.

Your computer was trying to do you a favor by not playing the Feral Children.

Posted by Jason Josephes | July 11, 2008 2:43 PM

go to
start menu
control panel
add remove programs
then click on set program access faults
at the top youll see MICROSOFT WINDOWS
click OK....
and you'll be fixed, now all your setting will be reset and youll be able to listen to music again

Posted by william brown | July 11, 2008 3:50 PM

Didn't work. Maybe it's thirsty. I'm going to try giving it some water.

Posted by Jeff Kirby | July 11, 2008 3:58 PM

Are you a little bitter because they don't like playing at your venue?

Posted by starbird | July 12, 2008 7:42 PM

The latest version of Flash has been doing this to a lot of PCs. All of your "internet" music that is sucking is running off of Flash. Makes your YouTube vids not play, either. However, Opera seems immune to this. Install that.

When you wisen up, format your PC, then start fresh with QT Alternative and Winamp--the latter of which works really well as an iPod management program (and lets you get tunes OFF your iPod, or anyone else's for that matter). Apple software is a rot.

Posted by Sam M. | July 13, 2008 10:30 AM