« Fortress of Amplitude @ 2020 C... | MTV Introduces the World to Po... »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Poll: Drugs, Nasty Ass Drugs

posted by on July 16 at 12:09 PM

moseshigh.jpg

Music and drugs have a long and intertwining history. Certain artists have their poisons and certain poisons have their artists. Fans too, poisons don’t miss them either. (Managers, promoters, bookers, and label reps, let’s not forget they do drugs too.) We as music makers and fans snort, smoke, shoot, chug, and inject, for many reasons.

Enhancement of the senses to intensify creative process? Check. Enhancement of the senses to intensify audible and visual experience? Check. R. Kelly says, “I believe I can fly” and we do too. Or if you’re from the South, you want drugs because you like how it feels going fast.

Eddy Grant rocks down to Electric Avenue then does what? He takes it highya. Sadly, ginseng and guarana don’t stack up. I mean, there you are on Electric Avenue, somehow a cup of ginseng tea doesn’t work.

Drugs get ugly real quick. Some of the nastiest and dumbest:

The Speedball: intravenous use of heroin or morphine and cocaine.
Crank: cheap form of meth that is usually snorted.
Lith: lithium taken from batteries, comes in a paste, usually smoked.
LSD/Mushroom/Ecstasy combo: college students in Georgia call it “The Larry”.
Freon: the shit in refrigerators and air conditioners.
Yard of Beer: three feet of liquid beer.

Which gets you the highest?

i don't understand the liquid beer one.

Posted by kdiddy | July 16, 2008 12:16 PM

You know, as opposed to the solid beer form that you might inject into your eyeball. Or not so much.

I guess I was thinking freon, and liquid freon, and I carried it over to the beer. Liquid beer, has a ring to it. For me.

Posted by trent moorman | July 16, 2008 12:40 PM

a yard of beer made sense to me somehow. like a whalebone of beer you would get at a state fair tractor pull tent, right?

Posted by cosby | July 16, 2008 1:17 PM

dont they have Yard A Beer @ Red Robin?

Posted by lar | July 16, 2008 1:31 PM

so is that like a cubic yard of beer? or like, a yard length of beer cans lined up in a row?

Posted by kdiddy | July 16, 2008 1:50 PM

If I remember from my English days, it's a long glass with a ball shape at one end that you have to swivel as you drink it. Basically chugging about 4 pints in one go and trying to keep it down.

Posted by Barky | July 16, 2008 2:05 PM

The Yard Beer says one thing - that you have dedicated yourself to partying. Cause you ain't drinking half of that thing and then saying 'no please I can't do the rest of this.' you are finishing it like the Tour de France. You have trained and you have come this far. You can't stop now.

Posted by Slats Hat | July 16, 2008 2:43 PM

My old roommate did that Larry LSD shroom combo. Then he went to see AC/DC.

AC/DC is great don't get me wrong but they just don't seem like the LSD type of band.

Then I remember that roommate coming home and cooking beenie weenies.

Posted by Slats Hat | July 16, 2008 2:46 PM

'unforgettable' doesn't seem like l.s.d. music either, but doing a duet with your dead father is exactly the kind of next level l.s.d. shit that natalie cole was on.

Posted by cosby | July 16, 2008 3:31 PM

beanie weenies... i pick those.

Posted by kdiddy | July 16, 2008 4:27 PM

Beanie Weenies say one thing, that you have dedicated yourself to partying.

Posted by B.Wean | July 17, 2008 12:22 AM

Freon its not just for your refrigerator anymore.

Freon it's whats for dinner.

This is your brain on freon.

toasted, thats what I say.

Posted by drheavy | July 17, 2008 2:49 PM

Did anyone see the South Park episode called "Major Boobage"? "Cheezing" will get you the highest.

Posted by drheavy | July 17, 2008 2:53 PM