Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Vote For Your Favorite Block Party Photo

I'd say vote for my picture, but honestly #5 is just epic.

Posted by Eli | July 28, 2008 1:53 PM

Stoked to have made it in the running. Thanks to everyone who votes for me haha SICK SHOTS everyone. Im loving number 5 as well. great moment captured.. that street sign screams block party!

Posted by Kyle Johnson | July 28, 2008 2:03 PM

Jaguar Love is SO HOT! Dang! XOXO

Posted by Blush Photo | July 28, 2008 2:35 PM

Was sad that none of mine made it until I saw #5... wow.

Posted by drake | July 28, 2008 3:13 PM

Not only because Chromeo was the baddest of the Block Party lineup- but the photo is top notch.

Posted by xtratuf | July 28, 2008 3:50 PM

F-ing A! there are some great shots in that pool.

Posted by Mike@freedom | July 28, 2008 4:20 PM

wow i'm flattered. these are all epic.

Posted by watermelon4linz | July 28, 2008 4:29 PM

Seriously. There are some phenomenal shots here. Huge thanks to the people who like my photo.

Posted by joshcan'tjump! | July 28, 2008 4:47 PM

Such a great time and captured so well by everyone. I was shooting that sign forever trying to get a cool shot...

Posted by nikolajlasbo | July 28, 2008 7:01 PM

WOW! I'm flattered to be nominated, thank you!

Luckily someone was entertained by me getting flipped off, because I sure wasn't, ha!

Posted by Lauren Max | July 28, 2008 7:17 PM

a hipster passed out by a dumpster is currently winning?!?!?! wow seattle, i'm REALLY impressed ...

Posted by what?! | July 28, 2008 10:28 PM

Photo No. 4: "It's Pat!" Or maybe Pat's cousin "Terry"

Posted by Just shits 'n' giggles there huh? | July 28, 2008 11:05 PM

my best friend took #4 and i couldn't be more proud of her.

Posted by kelseycub | July 28, 2008 11:23 PM

I agree with what?!

Big whoop, scenester passed out drunk on a dumpster. This isn't such an uncommon thing.

Same goes for girl holding two beers and having someone help with a cigarette.

Are you all that sheltered?

Posted by Really... | July 29, 2008 12:28 AM

Huh. When I checked this out this afternoon (at around 100 votes), it was between photos #5 and 6. Photo #5 seems the most epic, and while I voted for #8, I think #6 is clearly the best photo. It looks like a bunch of people who knew [the person who took photo/the person who's in photo] #4 have gotten online to vote a million times for bumbershoot tickets though, so w/ever.

Posted by anony/ | July 29, 2008 1:04 AM

hands down #8.
I saw this photo before it was even nominated and fell in love. lauren got right in there and while its always nice to see a good picture of a performer performing, i think shots like Lauren's here are what photography thrives on.

Posted by Gargamel | July 29, 2008 3:21 AM

#6 really took some epic shots that weekend: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindsayphillips/sets/72157606399933672/

Posted by 666 | July 29, 2008 6:25 AM

Why does every fucking asshole in Seattle with a digital camera or cellphone feel like they've gotta' be the next Glen Friedman. I went to a large art school on the East Coast with a really pretentious photography department and still didn't see as many schmucks clicking away at any band. And you know why? BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING! To both the band and everyone else around you. Act like you've been to a fucking concert before.

Posted by vom | July 29, 2008 9:38 AM

Hey vom, has it ever crossed your mind that bands MAY ACTUALLY ENJOY being photographed performing so as to, i don't know...maybe PROMOTE THEMSELVES?! I can't think of a single concert where people HAVEN'T snapped photos like crazy! The only annoying fucking pretentious asshole here is you, so congrats on being a dickwad and posting stupid comments to ruin a nice conversation about the topic, which btw is about the pictures above, you dumb schmuck.

Anyway, picture number 6 is by my sister and thanks to everyone who voted for her, epic pics are her thing. Good job linz!

Posted by kid in new jersey | July 29, 2008 12:24 PM

Yeah vom, your east coast attitude prevails. Why don't you take your "pretentious" training and shove it up your ass! My daughter and the rest of these photographers rock! Go Linz!

Posted by MOM | July 29, 2008 3:29 PM

Hey Kid in new jersey, for that post I owe you a plane ticket.
Bring your snowboard!

Posted by patknives | July 29, 2008 3:56 PM

#5 was robbed. #6 is good but, generic. sorry, but i've seen a million photos just like that. joshcan'tjump; get that published!

Posted by Jedd! | July 29, 2008 9:43 PM
Posted by Jedd! | July 29, 2008 9:47 PM

5, 8, 9... A+++++++, no contest.

5: Will you marry me? []yes []no []maybe

Posted by Dinozaurs | July 29, 2008 11:49 PM

Is it too late to vote for #18?

Posted by paulus | July 30, 2008 12:49 AM