Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on “I Breaks It Down to the Bone Gristle”

anyone know what time GZA gets on tonight? there are openers right?

Posted by help? | August 26, 2008 11:34 AM

3 openers, doors at 8pm.

I'll try to find out when GZA goes on.

Posted by segal | August 26, 2008 11:57 AM

Word is, GZA will likely go on around 11 pm.

Posted by segal | August 26, 2008 12:23 PM

Liquid Swords has always been my favorite solo Wu-Tang release and it's also in my top five favorite hip-hop albums of all time.
This show is going to be one for the books! There is no way I would miss this!

Posted by Amnesiac79 | August 26, 2008 12:52 PM

And I hate to be "that guy", but the lyric you quoted is actually "I breaks it down to the bone gristle..."

Posted by Amnesiac79 | August 26, 2008 12:57 PM

@5 I was just clicking on this to correct him myself. So I'll be that guy too.

I am the most excited I have been in a long time for this show. In my opinion, Liquid Swords is the best solo Wu Tang album. I was also let down by GZA's absence at the Bumbershoot show last year. This more than makes up for it.

Posted by ars | August 26, 2008 2:37 PM

Fuuuccckkk. My bad. Fixed. Thanks.

By the way, I appreciate "that guy," in most cases.

Posted by segal | August 26, 2008 3:37 PM

concert was wack as fuck. phoned it in. speakers not loud enough. sold out. money made. "a fuck" not given.

Posted by ndrwmtsn | August 27, 2008 10:54 AM

^^^Now I feel better for not being on the list when I was supposed to be.

Posted by segal | August 27, 2008 11:27 AM

i wasn't on either and i was supposed to be

so i jacked mickens' +1, which was the wrong move because he beat the shit out of me afterwards behind the dumpster by home alive. then he stood over me and screamed that he's the "ice grillionaire."

Posted by ndrwmtsn | August 27, 2008 12:49 PM

Oh shit, did he use his sword cane?

Posted by Eric Grandy | August 27, 2008 2:56 PM

Number 8 summed up my feelings I had last night about the show.

I think the dj just stood there, pushed play on the cd until Gza's verse was done, then skipped forward to the next song.

I dunno how the rest of the show went since I left after "Duel of the Iron Mic". I was too annoyed with the sound, the fact that he appeared an half-hour late for no apparent reason at all, and at myself for showing up when I could have just stayed home with the album and my headphones for an all-around better experience.

Posted by Anmesiac79 | August 27, 2008 3:12 PM

half-hour late for no apparent reason at all=drinx sales

he has a sword cane? that's some kgb shit right there...

Posted by ndrwmtsn | August 27, 2008 4:01 PM