« Milk is Chilling | Whatís Up with Bruno Pronsato? »

2784825598_c23d05906e.jpgphoto by J-Justice

2783973073_478cc28c51.jpgphoto by J-Justice

photo by J-Justice

photo by J-Justice

photo by Piper Carr

photo by Piper Carr

Radiohead was a fantastic show.

But White River is a terribly run venue. The beer garden only sells bad domestic beer? In cans? For $8?

And then the line out was amazingly bad. It took over an hour to get from the lawn seats to actually sitting on the shuttle bus back to the Supermall, and there was absolutely no crowd control getting out the one gate.

This was my first time to White River. Is this the way things normally are there?

Posted by dave | August 21, 2008 5:04 PM

I was actually impressed that they had the traffic thing worked out. We took the detour and made it back without delay. The line for those buses was ridiculous, and it was a monsoon. Besides the half-a-shot $8 Jack and Cokes, my complaint would be that I stood there drinking them unaware that my seat number was a fiction, and I would just be standing in the front. If I'd known, I would have gone right in instead of drinking in the beer garden.

Posted by left coast | August 21, 2008 5:40 PM

It was the best show I have ever witnessed. Ever.

Posted by kerri harrop | August 21, 2008 5:52 PM

really, kerri?!

Posted by paulus | August 21, 2008 9:14 PM

i'm contemplating if my presence there may have been the peak of my existence?

Posted by agree with kerri | August 21, 2008 9:24 PM

yes, paulus. really.

Posted by kerri harrop | August 22, 2008 9:58 AM

Radiohead is the ONLY reason I will go to White River Ampitheatre. I will happily park at the Supermall at take the little yellow school bus shuttle in, I will stand in the rain up on the lawn, and I will wait in line to take the shuttle back to the Supermall (in a monsoon) for Radiohead. Five years ago I waited for 2 hours just to get out of the parking lot for Radiohead. (I probably would've driven 3 hours to the Gorge to see Radiohead on a Wednesday night, had that been the option.)

The parking at the venue sucks, the road in sucks, the $8 beer and $6 chairs suck, standing in line sucks. But it was RADIOHEAD. Radiohead does not suck.

Posted by Bee | August 22, 2008 10:26 AM

Someone needs to call out the WR Ampitheatre on the disrespect they show for their patrons. It took us almost 2 hours to travel 1 MILE out of the anarchy ruled parking lot, thus nearly undoing the positive effects of seeing the awesome Radiohead. Avoid this venue at all cost unless the featured act is so near and dear that you won't mind the 6 hours of commuting you will endure to or from Seattle.

Posted by Fuffakading | August 22, 2008 12:24 PM

yes kerri. nothing will ever be the same after that show. i was standing by myself out by a handicap spot when "everything is in its right place" and that changed my life. best show of my life.

Posted by milestrangerradiohead | August 22, 2008 2:14 PM

I fought back tears twice throughout the show, brought on by how beautiful everything sounded. I got lost in the light show and footage displayed on the screens. 'Nude' was my favorite. Yeah, White River sucks, but this show was insanely good.

Posted by rjd | August 22, 2008 2:31 PM

I am still reeling from that show, as if the superlatives on my blog today don't already illustrate that point. Truly an amazing performance, one for the books.

Posted by kerri harrop | August 22, 2008 4:15 PM

Only getting better as time goes on. The times before and after sucked but that was because of traffic and personal business. So glad I went it was worth the wait.

Posted by Biggie J | August 22, 2008 4:19 PM

From seeing them in the past, I've said that mind-altering substances + a Radiohead equals a religious experience. I saw this show sober and it it made me feel closer to God - and I'm agnostic.
It peaked for me when they did "Dollars and Cents", followed by "Nude". That drawn-out high note Thom does on that song rang out purely - and gave me goosebumps.
I second, third, fourth and fifth the comments about the parking situation. Grueling beyond belief.
Otherwise, was a thoroughly brilliant show.

Posted by Madashell | August 22, 2008 7:27 PM

Wow, looks like a Kraftwerk show (but with wrist-cutting music instead of quality future jams).

Posted by champ | August 23, 2008 7:43 PM