« The Dutchess and the Duke | Today's Music News »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Decline and Fall of the Kiley Family

posted by on August 12 at 15:13 PM

My little brother is the leader of a little Seattle-based band called Holy Ghost Revival. They’ve moved to London for a few months and, last week, did an audio interview with the Guardian. I was all excited for him, since the Guardian is the best best goddamned paper in the world. Then I listened to it:

Click here and skip to minute 27 to hear my little brother begin the interview by saying:

God came down and told us to form a band that was going to be dark glam rock that shakes its wang in people’s faces. But beautifully. Maybe there’s a little glitter on that wang.

Classy, Conor. Real classy.

“I don’t know about you guys,” my mother sighed after listening to the interview. Then she obliquely alluded to this article, which my parents have read, but never mentioned. “Sometimes I wonder whether any of my children are going to heaven.”

Glitter-wang is my favorite genre of music

Posted by paulus | August 12, 2008 4:56 PM

COMMENT DELETED: OFF TOPIC/SPAM

We remove comments that are off topic, threatening, or commercial in nature, and we do not allow sock-puppetry (impersonating someone else)—or any kind of puppetry, for that matter. We never censor comments based on ideology.

Posted by Self-Hating Hipster | August 12, 2008 5:56 PM

why is it that you are cute and write intelligently, and yet your brother is the biggest damned tool? watching him front like a douchebag is one of the top five most annoying things, right after the jonas brothers and above his audience of alt bros.

and, for the record, i'm not posting anon out of cowardice, but just so that when we are living happily ever after, fam holidays on the island won't be overly awkward, bainbridge brings enough of that already.

ok, well i've reached my creep quota for the day! success.

Posted by secret admirer | August 12, 2008 7:35 PM

paulus: paul brinkley, is that you? i always knew we were soul mates.

shh: wow i hate you.

admirer: hitting on a man by tearing his baby brother a new one is a unique and admirable tactic. shame it's impossible for a bainbridge islander to fall truly in love with someone from the south county (just speculation, of course.)

brendan, call me xoxo

Posted by brendan kiley is mine | August 12, 2008 8:03 PM

well if he was joking that actually kinda funny

Posted by mwand | August 13, 2008 9:47 AM

@4, what part of "paulus" do you not understand?

Posted by paulus | August 13, 2008 11:00 AM

paulus will you marry me

Posted by after brendan kiley divorces me? | August 13, 2008 7:24 PM