Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Total Fest Saturday: Get Naked and Dance

even though there were a few problems and i seemed mad... we had a fucking blast!!!! the best time ever. the bands , wantag and the spectators were so amazing. i pray to the dear gods wantag asks us back next year.

Posted by partman parthorse | August 18, 2008 12:15 AM

As a 5-year veteran of Totalfest it's pretty easy to say that this was the best year ever. Attendance was jam packed both nights and every single band seemed to take it up a notch.

While still heavy on the "dude rock" it was awesome to see bands like the Trucks, Ex-Cocaine, Razz M'Tazz and Black Velvet Elvis broaden the musical boundaries a bit.

Meeting Fred and Toody from Pierced Arrows was a highlight for me. If you can't get down with them or their music then there is something sick and wrong with you.

Posted by Jeff | August 18, 2008 12:28 AM

It's all about KAZ, and it's always been all about KAZ. Nice to see The Stranger finally showing a little sense. Props to the proper.

That's all I'm saying.

Posted by Matthew | August 18, 2008 2:44 AM

TotalFest was definitely awesome.

Posted by A | August 18, 2008 9:28 AM

Missoula and Wantage know how to do shit right!

Posted by Jamie Hellgate | August 18, 2008 1:19 PM

Um, it's Wäntage, PMPH. Maybe if you spell it right they'll ask you city slickers back.

Posted by Miss Oula | August 18, 2008 1:45 PM

thanks miss oula... i shall blame my lack of spelling abilites to lack of sleep and damaged brain cells

Posted by partman parthorse | August 18, 2008 1:47 PM

Thanks to everybody to who drove, played, paid, donated, housed, volunteered, or in some non-passive, value-addition sort of way made Total Fest VII go off well. Our attendance was the best it's ever been, and our band pay (though certainly modest by other standards) was a fest-best. We loved having no age limitations, and though we don't have stats to back it up, I saw a lot of Xs on hands. See you next August and look for a post about submissions at some point in the winter. Lots of awesome bands are going to be "two-yeared" out for a year, so we'll be looking to newcomers to bring the fury.

Posted by Josh Vanek | August 18, 2008 3:06 PM

I second JV's BIG THANKS to all who helped in one way or another to make this year's Total Fest the best ever! Another THANKS to you Jeff for keeping the love-line from Seattle to Missoula taut with your kind words and dedication to making it out for our favorite summer activity. See all you NW geeks again, Aug 2009!

Posted by Nicole Payton | August 18, 2008 4:31 PM

And I would like to thank the Pasties for the fucking awesome tater tots pin.

Posted by milli | August 19, 2008 9:20 AM

Why is there no mention of you preying on innocent women and making them get hella stoned? I saw you do that.

And I maintain that you were channeling Mike Muir at the end of your Rad Touch set.

This year was so amazing, I'm still reeling from it. My mind was repeatedly blown.

Posted by starbird | August 19, 2008 8:20 PM

As one who loves the rocker boys I have to say I appreciate the amount of pale, tattooed man-skin flashed during this year's Totalfest. I don't even think people got this naked when they shut us all in the VFW hall that one year with nothing to drink but warm water and cold Sparks.

Not to say I was a fan of all of the penis action. Though, it was fun to watching the boys in the audience casually avert their eyes and try not to look too disgusted.

Posted by Hollie | August 19, 2008 10:54 PM