« Pink Floyd's Richard Wright De... | Re: Pink Floyd’s Richard Wrigh... »

Monday, September 15, 2008

AC/DC Tickets on Sale This Friday

posted by on September 15 at 11:00 AM

AC/DC are playing the Tacoma Dome November 30th—tickets go on sale this Friday at 10 am via Ticketmaster and LiveNation.com.

Not only are tickets $90.50 a pop, but their new album Black Ice (to be released on October 20th) will be sold in the US exclusively at Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, and www.acdc.com.

STOP SELLING RECORDS EXCLUSIVELY AT WAL-MART!

AC/DC - “Money Talks”

According to you, it's not being sold exclusively at Wal-Mart, unless they bought acdc.com, too.

Do people still really hate on Wal-Mart's music policies in the 21st century?

Posted by Jason Josephes | September 15, 2008 1:01 PM

Oh man this tour is going to be awesome, they're so good live! Has anyone seen their display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I work for Positively Cleveland, and we're getting the word out about the Rock Hall. I highly encourage all music fans (and especially AC/DC fans) to check it out. You can start on our website: http://www.positivelycleveland.com/visiting/things_to_do/cleveland_rocks/rock_hall. There are a lot of awesome upcoming events so it's totally worth looking into!

Hope I haven't overstepped my bounds by leaving this comment; just working to let people know about what Cleveland has to offer! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to Email me :)

Cary A. Andrews
Positively Cleveland
cary.a.andrews@gmail.com

Posted by Cary | September 15, 2008 2:28 PM

Well that was weird.

Posted by Levislade | September 15, 2008 3:00 PM

What Cleveland has to offer: blog comments and hyperlinks.

And Jason, I think hating on Wal*Mart for their variety of shitty business practices, from union-busting to the more trivial matters of music retailing, is still quite a robust meme in the 21st century. Or, shorter: Corporate [everything] still sucks.

Posted by Eric Grandy | September 15, 2008 4:58 PM

Isn't the 20th this Saturday??

Posted by Justin | September 15, 2008 5:23 PM

Well, I guess I can't wait until I find this new album on the used rack at Easy Street then!

Bummer about the ticket prices. I mean I expect them to be that high, I'm just disappointed that I'll probably live my entire life never having seen AC/DC.

Posted by bunnypuncher | September 16, 2008 1:05 AM