Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on I Wanted (Almost) Everything at Flatstock

Agreed. I love Jay's stuff. The drawings on "Excellent Italian Greyhound" are worth the price of the album alone.

If you've never seen his stuff, I recommend checking out Tom Stack:

Paintings and fliers involving birds, worms, foxes, etc. Great stuff. My living room is decorated with (soon) four of his fliers.

Posted by tallchris | September 2, 2008 3:06 PM
Posted by lar | September 2, 2008 3:22 PM

I picked up Jay's Modest Mouse @ Sasquatch poster. My walls are full but buying something at Flatstock is a tradition. My theme this year is "shows I actually went to"

Posted by Bob | September 2, 2008 3:32 PM

was they cowboy on a seahorse the same artist that made a spoon poster of a cowboy riding a lobster?

Posted by josh | September 2, 2008 3:48 PM

@4 Yes! I think? I remember seeing that lobster poster and I think they were at the same booth. I liked that one too. Do you remember who did that?

Posted by Megan Seling | September 2, 2008 3:52 PM

Here's my favorite:

Bought one from him last year and TWO from him this year.

Posted by Scottie Yahtzee | September 2, 2008 3:56 PM

@6 I'm glad you linked to that, Scottie! I like his work too, and I couldn't remember the artists' name. He had stuff hanging at Annie's Art in Ballard a couple months ago. Really clean, nice stuff.

Posted by Megan Seling | September 2, 2008 4:03 PM

Yup. I usually buy posters from Flatstock of shows I've been to. This year, I purchased a Rilo Kiley poster of their Showbox show last year and a Band of Horses one also at The Showbox from last November.

Posted by Grrr | September 2, 2008 8:12 PM

I totally bought that Jay Ryan Tortoise poster. It was my favorite one there. I also bought a Small Stakes poster, that yellow Battles one on his front page. Flatstock is my favorite part of Bumbershoot every year. Getting the chance to converse with Jay even for a couple minutes is always a treat. What a funny man. This year I gave him some taffy.

Posted by Jeff Kirby | September 2, 2008 10:54 PM

@9 Jeff Kirby, I will be getting your address from accounting and dropping by in the near future to steal that poster. That is all.

Posted by Megan Seling | September 3, 2008 1:22 PM

awww, thank you for this mention here! i'm so glad to hear that you had a good time at Flatstock, we're all dorks so it is always really rad to hear this sort of happy feedback.

also! i wanted to let you know that the cowboy-seahorse print is indeed by the same artist who did the spoon-lobster poster and that his name is nate duval, he's super.

thanks a bunch again, cheers!

Posted by strawberryluna | September 4, 2008 8:46 AM

Ah, but Kirby picks up his checks at the front desk, not via mail. I suggest an ambush or perhaps blackmail.

I love Flatstock the mostest of all as well. This was my third in a row. I'd love to check them out in other cities. I got Jay to sign the Stranger cover he had from a couple years ago and he even took the time to draw me a lil cute/ugly doggie. I was enraptured!!! His wife has some pretty cool stuffs too. :)

Posted by Nay | September 8, 2008 12:40 AM