Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Perfect From Now On, Now

man, kathleen wilson nailed that one.

Posted by brian cook | September 4, 2008 2:58 PM

I love this article. And some perfect responses too,

Speaking of "playing the whole classic album through live" idea, I imagine that that is going to be my new conversation starter. (As in, *ahem* what album would you love to see played through live by the original artist? Oh yeah.)

Posted by Chris Estey | September 4, 2008 3:29 PM

For my money, Cheap Trick trumped all these acts: their first four albums in four days. Just wish I'd known sooner, so I could've made the trek out to Chicago. Granted, I'm not a big fan of Dream Police, but I worship "Surrender," "Southern Girls," "Downed"...pretty much everything circa 1975-78.

Posted by Kathy Fennessy | September 4, 2008 5:04 PM

Not to challenge the mighty fine KC, but Sparks recently did a run through of their entire oeuvre in the Uk -- twenty fucking albums over each night, with encores saved for B-sides, covers, outtakes, etc.!

OK, admittedly, I'd rather see four nights of Cheap Trick than twenty of Sparks ... especially the first couple of those nights. What do you do for Budokan though, go to the studio?

Posted by Chris Estey | September 4, 2008 6:55 PM

@3:
You didn't need to go to Chi-Town to see that Cheap Trick show. They toured with it circa '98-99, doing three nights at the Crocodile.

Posted by U-Ziq | September 4, 2008 7:50 PM

You're right, Chris, that Sparks extravaganza makes Cheap Trick's efforts seem puny in comparison. And @5, I missed that Crocodile event, although I would've preferred to see the band with a hometown crowd (no doubt members of the Ponys, Big Black, et al were in attendance). The Croc seems small for a stunt like that...

Posted by Kathy Fennessy | September 4, 2008 9:59 PM