« Best Buy to Get Exclusive Reta... | Skateboards and Fashion Shows »

Friday, September 26, 2008

The Reason to Hear John Bonham’s Naked Drum Sounds Right Now

posted by on September 26 at 16:33 PM

WhiteBloodCells.jpgMight be unknown.

Yes, naked drum sounds are boring to some. Just drums? No other instruments? Why am I going to waste three minutes of my sunny Friday afternoon listening to that? Perhaps the last Friday afternoon like this for a while?

I’ll tell you. What makes these drums different is that they are played by Led Zeppelinís John Bonham. The greatest drummer of all time. That is why. The sun can wait. These drum sounds can not. Hearing this manís clean drum sounds and strength of stroke, will in turn strengthen you, your day, and the Fall sun that is sliding down right now from the sky above. John Bonhamís naked drum sounds will cause your body to produce more white blood cells.

Thank you to U.S.E. drummer Jon E. Rock for sending these in. And thank you to Christian Cummings at MixMyMusic.net .

Mostly though, thank you to John Bonham. Sadly, John, you drank four quadruple Vodkaís and choked on your vomit in your sleep. But you left us drums sounds that uplift and produce white blood cells.

These are drum outtakes from Zeppelinís 1978 In Through The Out Door. Recorded at Polar Recording Studios.

Earbuds: place them in now. Headphones: over the ears. White blood cells: flow freely. Play: be pressed.

Outtake 1: here

Outtake 2: here

sweet! I have about 8 of these and thought that's all there was.

That kick drum is loosing something in me.

Posted by paulus | September 26, 2008 5:03 PM

Thank you so much for posting this. Fuck the sun, give me Bonham.

Posted by bunnypuncher | September 26, 2008 5:11 PM

#20 sounds like something off Gluey Porch Treatments

Posted by paulus | September 26, 2008 5:22 PM

Paulus, well said. Just imagine what Bonham could have done with a more inventive song writer.

Posted by BuzzDaleMatt | September 26, 2008 8:01 PM

Why have two outtakes when you can have all of them? Including the take for "Fool in the Rain", which is destined to be the Funky Drummer of the indie set:

Posted by billiard | September 26, 2008 10:10 PM

I got no problem with bonham's songwriting compatriots.

And while I am in awe of all buzz, dale, and matt have done for me (especially dale), I would probably take 'In through the out door' over 'gluey porch treatments'.

'Carouselambra' just makes something happen inside me!

does that make me a philistine?

Posted by paulus | September 26, 2008 11:16 PM

also, let this be a caution: you may be the mightiest deity to ever stroke the shaft of your particular artistic expression... but some common, low-grade chemical dependency can bring you right the fuck down to the level of the worms...

Posted by paulus | September 27, 2008 12:58 AM