« Library Science Do It To It | Worst Music Ever? »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Blakes Video Shoot: Seattle Bands Unite

posted by on October 7 at 14:57 PM

Blakes1.jpg

The Blakes are in the midst of making a new video. A mega video, written and produced by Chase Jarvis and co-directed by Jarvis and Will Hyde. It was a two-day shoot at multiple locations around Seattle with thirty to fifty-five people on set. Theyíre in the editing, post production process now and arenít sure exactly when it will come out. Chase shot with multiple high-end badass cameras and booms and dollies. The kind of cameras you donít even like to look at they are so high-end. Because if you look at them, youíll break them, or youíll slip and fall on one of them and owe nine bazillion dollars.

Blakes5.jpg

Several Seattle bands make cameos in the video. Saturday Knights (as seen yesterday), Brent Amaker and the Rodeo, Natalie Portmanís Shaved Head, Head Like a Kite, Disjointed Isotopes, and Voltage Periscope to name a few. Jarvis said, ďItís really cool to see all these bands come together. Seattle bands unite instead of divide.Ē

Blakes3.jpg

The (very) general storyline for the video is that there is a Nazi-ish music taste-maker who decides which bands make it and which bands don’t. Bands are brought before him and he decides their life or death on a whim, without listening to the music.

Blakes2.jpg

(pictures: chase jarvis)

The (very) general storyline for the video is that there is a Nazi-ish music taste-maker who decides which bands make it and which bands don't. Bands are brought before him and he decides their life or death on a whim, without listening to the music.

Ha! What a bleak dystopian world that would be...

Posted by Eric Grandy | October 7, 2008 3:05 PM

AND there was that Nazi post yesterday. What the hell is going on?

Posted by trent moorman | October 7, 2008 3:10 PM

That's cool they got their buddy John Richards to be in the video, too.

Oh, you mean it's supposed to be fictional? Ah, never mind.

Posted by Wiseguy | October 7, 2008 3:15 PM

Wiseguy's band didn't make it.

Posted by burp | October 7, 2008 3:21 PM

Chase and Will ruled it, the Blakes were champs, and the extras were all on their best behavior. It was an awesome shoot and I gotta a sweet tat out of the deal!

Thanks Brent Amaker and the Rodeo for feeding me beers all day. Much needed!

Posted by Cody | October 7, 2008 5:09 PM

i've heard of this new vid for the blakes that chase jarvis is shootin with will hyde. that's pretty frickin' cool. i know these cameras they used and they're pretty frickin' cool as well. given both those dudes history and ability to produce a solid product i'm sure this video will be the sh*#!

Posted by mike meckling | October 7, 2008 5:16 PM

I just love how all of you dumbfucks continue to live a life of incestiside; as if you are in any way important (See: Kerri Harrop). Trent, How old are you? You really look older than McCain! Give it up, retard. You're not good looking and you sure ain't fer fuck a rock star! The Seattle Syndrome at work. P.S. The Blakes Suck! They are a product of Pine Street mixed with cocaine at The Stranger offices.

Posted by dumbfucks | October 7, 2008 11:39 PM

@7- you are the devil. Go home to hell.

Posted by trufe | October 8, 2008 8:25 AM

I'm with you, Meinert. these guys are no Maktubs.

Posted by Lalario | October 8, 2008 8:28 AM

@7: The Stranger's hardly been a reliable booster for the Blakes, and anyway we mostly just smoke pot and drink.

Posted by Eric Grandy | October 8, 2008 9:34 AM

Trent's not being paid to blog about his own band again, is he?

Posted by really? | October 8, 2008 10:13 AM

You are right. Everyone should hate everyone.

I'm 37. I should blow my fucking head off shouldn't I? That's what I'll do. I'll blow my head off and get a friend to mail you my body. You can have it as a trophy to your perfectness.

Damn, I thought I was babyfaced. Are you sure you're not talking about the other guy in the band? He looks 90.

What's your band? I'll blog about them, before I blow my head off.

Posted by trent moorman | October 8, 2008 12:23 PM

@7 - in all fairness, the Stranger has posted some pretty unflattering things about the Blakes before and to my knowledge was the first publication to stand up to the seemingly endless hype they were getting all around Seattle.

Maybe you SHOULD do some coke, smoke some herb, or at least get drunk. It will take your mind off of what makes you so angry.

P.S. - the idea for this video actually does sound pretty cool, and i bet it's going to be a real doozy on MTVU, or something.

Posted by E | October 8, 2008 4:19 PM

This should be pretty fuckin' good. The guys making the video are superpro. I just like to see local crews making good work. Rock on.

Posted by Tone Loco | October 8, 2008 4:59 PM

@7--Actually, the "Seattle Syndrome" entails hating on things you know nothing about and ranting on blogs you read only because you hate them. Better get yourself checked out.

Posted by voot | October 8, 2008 5:57 PM

The fuck I get dragged into this?

It must be such a bummer to be you, @7, talking shit about people you don't know, behind a screen name.

Say it to my face, you coward. Or at least sign your real name.

Posted by kerri harrop | October 8, 2008 6:11 PM