Line Out: Music & Nightlife

RSS icon Comments on Tonight in Music: Collie Buddz, the Spinto Band, Roky Erickson, Crystal Castles

Trent moorman writes like hes throwing boomerangs of poop around an open prairie plain while he ranges on his bidoof throne.

Posted by anonymous | October 28, 2008 3:15 PM

Anonymous comments like the poop has landed on his/her head.

Get nasty with it, anonymous, if that's all you got, you need to work on your cut down.

Yeah yeah, I know I suck. I'm the worst writer you've ever read, right?

I appreciate you taking the time to read and make a comment, no matter what your thoughts.

Do you write? I'd love to see some of your writing.

I know I'm terrible, anonymous. Teach me, how can I be a better writer? Who are some writers I should read?

Posted by trent moorman | October 28, 2008 3:41 PM

Pooperangs? Sweet...

Mamma Casserole books the comet. Thats crazy talk. I thought she DJ'd casseroles, not shows.

My world is all flustered now.

Posted by philip | October 28, 2008 4:06 PM

Philip,
I think I'd love to learn how to dee jay casseroles......that would be quite a feat!
Sorry your world is all flustered but I've been spinning since before I started booking the comet....
see you tonight everyone!

I am so excited I may burst!
love mamma

NUEMOS!

CHOP SUEY!
NUEMOS!

CHOP SUEY!
NUEMOS!

Posted by bobcat | October 28, 2008 4:19 PM

@5 And Nectar and Showbox at the Market and the Funhouse and Sonic Boom Records in Ballard.

Posted by Megan Seling | October 28, 2008 4:21 PM

Sorry Mr. Moorman, I was just joking. I'm actually an out of work, wanna-be music writer who sucks too much to get the job I want, and I'm taking it out on you because I'm jealous.

Not only are you an experienced, talented, and otherwise prolific writer, but you are one of the best drummers I've ever seen, and I am actually madly in love with you.

You are good looking, and the girls love you, and for a ugly little jealous shithead like myself, that's really hard to take.

Next time, instead of lashing out like that, I should just ask you if you can help me out, since I'm obviously cranky and dissatisfied with my own life.

:D

Posted by anonymous | October 28, 2008 4:29 PM

Trent, you never take ANY criticism with a grain of salt, do you?

How old are you again? These comments and comebacks that so easily get under your skin remind me of the kind of emotion that kids have in high school...

Posted by A@ron | October 28, 2008 4:56 PM

A@ron, I took a grain of salt with a grain of salt.

I'm not allowed to stand up for myself or give back what some anonymous asshole is giving me? And you are giving me shit for it? And for trying to have some fun with it?

Please, spend your time critiquing something more valuable than my emotions. Add something to the conversation.

If someone gives me shit, I'm gonna give it right back to them. Sorry.

I asked the person to tell me who to read so that it could help my writing. What a dick I am.

Posted by trent moorman | October 28, 2008 5:37 PM

Dear 7, I love you. Lets have salt.

Posted by trent moorman | October 28, 2008 5:47 PM

Classic, anonymous commentors giving grief, then reacting like babies when the writer responds.

At least # 1 engaged the actual thought of the image Trent used.

I think "He plays like hes throwing boomerangs of cutlery around an open prairie plain. He chops the air into tiger stripes and cycles it around" is one of the best description of drumming I've ever read in the Stranger. It's also even more fitting if you know Lymbyc Systym.

I think Moorman's writing is some of the strongest in the section. He's creative and completely unique in the face of what is usually boring music writing. I come hear to read his stuff, and am always entertained by it.

#1 and A@ron, you all should go see Lymbyc Systym, then write a description of the drummer. Let me see it here, and then we can compare you to Moorman.

A@ron, you are the kind of weakminded spineless commentor I hate. You say nothing. You don't engage the post. You have no thought of your own. You just want blood.

Really, let's see you write a better description than Moorman did.

If you can't or if you are too weak to try, then you should shut the fuck up.

Posted by Cedric | October 28, 2008 7:04 PM

I come 'here'. See I'm not trying to be a writer. I know I'm not one.

Posted by Cedric | October 28, 2008 7:07 PM

Hell, I never said I could write better than Trent, so this constant baby banter of "Let's see you write something better you asshole!" is just pure childish.
I was simply asking why Trent can't take the good with the bad. I have read his articles/posts and without a doubt, some of them I have enjoyed. But I have seen it happen many times on Lineout. Someone decides to A: Disagree with his personal opinion. Or B: Talk shit on the internet. Instead of shrugging it off (or better yet, laughing it off) he has to dig the claws and get the last negative word in. Case in point: I ask why he can't seem to take any criticism and I get ripped on. And then called out for being an "weakminded spineless commentor" and I "have no thought of my own".
I was under the impression that people who were spineless usually agree with everything that another person says with no independent thought process involved.
My independent thought was going against the grain and asking a question. And yet, I am the spineless one. Awesome. That's fucking rich...

Posted by A@ron | October 29, 2008 11:22 AM

Imagine that, A@ron can't take what he dishes out.

Posted by no this is rich | October 29, 2008 2:42 PM

I love Trent's columns. They're different every times, and I love that. Masterpeices like "DJ Percoset" and "Shock the mic'y" (about grounding) were informatve, and hillarious... my favorite way to recive knowledge.

I don't know who comment #1 is, but he makes no point and is wrong.

Posted by #7 | October 29, 2008 6:13 PM