Line Out Music & the City at Night

Friday, December 5, 2008

Mad Rad Is All That

Posted by on Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 12:34 PM

The talk of the town?
l_964e8ac2b23104687d0746c4c9dacfc7.jpg Mad Rad is that talk that seems to be all over town. The day, Monday; the place, Flowers on the Ave: I hear two pretty ladies going on and on about the wonderfulness of the local trio. The day, Wednesday; the place, Mecca Cafe on Queen Anne: I get into a heated conversation about Mad Rad with an old friend and hiphop producer. I say yes; he says no. I say P Smoov (Mad Rad's beat man) is the real deal; he says P Smoov is not the real deal. I present Rik Rude's mixtape as evidence of P Smoov's realness; he denies Rik Rude's realness altogether. We part on more or less friendly terms. The day, Thursday; the place, All City Coffee in Pioneer Square: Two baristas begin talking up Mad Rad. Both are of the opinion that the trio are the it, the now, the happening. One of the baristas orders me to go to their next show. It's a must that I do this. So much passion. Such commitment. How long will this fever last?

Comments (12) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
mad rad = bad fad

Which bandwagon will they jump next?
Posted by H8tr-played on December 5, 2008 at 12:52 PM · Report this
It will last until the coked-out white hipsters move on to the next 'real deal'. Let's face it, these guys are a fucking joke and an insult to REAL hiphop. Your cred is seriously tanking, Mudede.
Posted by are you fucking serious? on December 5, 2008 at 12:55 PM · Report this
Please define "Real" hip hop as opposed to "fake."

Posted by Jeff on December 5, 2008 at 1:15 PM · Report this
They fucking suck. Sorry.
Posted by D on December 5, 2008 at 1:54 PM · Report this
Please don't.

Posted by LOLVultures on December 5, 2008 at 1:55 PM · Report this
hip hop? who cares? they can be whatever they want: princess death metal beat box with a side of jesus! yehhhhaw!

captothehill loveydoves mad rad.

but they already knew that....
Posted by captothehill on December 5, 2008 at 2:41 PM · Report this
yawn
Posted by just when you think Line Out couldn't get worse.... on December 5, 2008 at 2:53 PM · Report this
Cap to the hill needs to get a life with purpose and/or a job because one day mommy and daddy won't be paying for your cocaine. Mad Rad fucking suck. Horrible, horrible music.
Posted by such sad hipsters on December 5, 2008 at 11:12 PM · Report this
I'm all for hipsters, coke, fun, etc. But these guys just suck. They are like a bad rehashing of 2001 joke rap a la MC Paul Barman. So the fever will last as long as it takes Seattle people to realize that the fever isnt spreading anywhere else. Like, does anyone really think that these guys will be a Spank Rock, a Kid Sister, a Cool Kids? Or does Mudede and everyone else know they will just be another Mountain Con, another sad reminder about how ridiculously out of touch Seattle is with the rest of the world. Second rate talent from a second rate condo development disguising itself as a city. Yek.
Posted by Stranger is hyping music that no one else cares about AGAIN. on December 6, 2008 at 6:51 AM · Report this
The haters here are probably missing the point of Mad Rad. They aren't groundbreaking, but I don't think they want to be. Their just having fun.
Posted by da truth on December 8, 2008 at 8:40 AM · Report this
My bangs and sweat have never clung so tightly to my forehead then while dancing at the Mad Rad Fun House show a couple weeks ago. I will certainly catch them at Neumos with Blue Scholars.

Love it!
Posted by Blush on December 14, 2008 at 10:38 AM · Report this
Mad Rad is pretty fucking good and if you listen to the CD the whole through its not hard to see. Good beats, good production, pretty decent rhymes. They love to perform and they put it all out there.

No they are not gangster rappers but what they make sounds good. No they are not blue scholars and I doubt they are trying to be. Hate if you wanna hate but give a real reason, otherwise I am willing to bet you are just another bedroom wanabee that dosnt have nerve or talent to step on stage.
Posted by One on December 15, 2008 at 12:38 AM · Report this