Line Out Music & the City at Night

Friday, January 16, 2009

Mad Rad Banned From Six Capitol Hill Clubs

Posted by on Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 5:59 PM

According to War Room co-owner Brian Rauschenbach, the three members of Mad Rad who were allegedly involved in a brawl with security staff at Neumos last weekend have been banned from six Capitol Hill clubs.

Rauschenbach says King Cobra, Neumos, Havana, The Saint, The War Room and Chop Suey have formed an alliance, so if you fuck up at one club, you'll be banned from the others as well.

"If someone has done something towards a club and we know the identity of the people, we do a joint ban," Rauschenbach says. "We just banned someone two weeks ago that got into a fight outside of Havana. It’s nothing directed towards Mad Rad specifically."

Rauschenbach also confirmed that Mad Rad will no longer be playing the War Room's Obama Inauguration show.

Comments (21) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
I can't stand Mad Rad, but you guys are taking this shit too far. If you apply this standard then you should weed out your own ranks, because I know of some employees of these clubs that should be banned as well.
Posted by Pike St. Auto-Fellatio on January 16, 2009 at 6:41 PM · Report this
Who?
Posted by Cares on January 16, 2009 at 8:37 PM · Report this
Fuck Yeah! If you pick a fight, then fuck you! Grow up and behave, please.
Posted by kjkjk on January 16, 2009 at 9:42 PM · Report this
my odds say that the Neumos' employees probably got what they asked for
Posted by djkfjsdkfj on January 17, 2009 at 12:29 PM · Report this
eh -- i'd have to hear both sides of the story first. i don't assume the bouncers are always right. but i certainly don't think a band a 3:00 AM is likely making the most responsible decisions possible.

the alliance seems like a pretty good idea, i guess. too bad it can't work to help prevent more serious issues, though.
Posted by infrequent on January 17, 2009 at 1:07 PM · Report this
I guess I can understand if someone is starting fights or if it's gang related shit. But more likely knowing Capitol Hill it will get enforced over petty shit like who is fucking who's ex, or the bouncer doesn't like the music or has a hangover and decides to be a dick, thus making the Seattle music scene even lamer and more insular than it already is.
Posted by Pike St. Auto-Fellatio on January 17, 2009 at 1:46 PM · Report this
God these guys suck so much. It's funny how all it takes to 'make it' in Seattle is drinking and doing drugs with the 'right' people. It has fuck all to do with talent, and everything to do with hipster-schmoozing. Grandy: If you are serious about music, you should use your power as editor to change this shit. Let's here some good music.
Posted by kjkjk on January 17, 2009 at 4:35 PM · Report this
"Grandy: If you are serious about music, you should use your power as editor to change this shit. Let's here some good music."

lol.
Posted by Matthew on January 18, 2009 at 4:02 AM · Report this
agreed 6. and to add:
its funny how this alliance comes out of nowhere. you think something like this would have come out right away? (suspect). sounds like the war room is caving to some influence.
but im glad the SYNDICATE in capitol hill is now out in the open now.
ill be keeping my eyes peeled for INDEPENDENT places where I can hear good music.
also good too know that the punk rock spirit is near to dead in seattle.......lame!
-eca
Posted by eca on January 18, 2009 at 5:27 PM · Report this
going by where things get banned and censored first then neumos=walmart; and the war room=target.
Posted by capitolpunishment on January 18, 2009 at 5:30 PM · Report this
mm? is that a poem? >7
Posted by hy on January 18, 2009 at 6:44 PM · Report this
who cares
Posted by . on January 19, 2009 at 8:23 AM · Report this
@12, the anti-concern troll, obviously you do
Posted by we care on January 19, 2009 at 3:09 PM · Report this

when can they ban Grandy?
Posted by not a card-carrying member on January 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM · Report this
I support Mad Rad! They f*cked up - it happens! I think a joint ban is total bullshit though because what does that show? All the clubs in Capital Hill are a bunch of pussies and "stick together". Yeah - let the bouncers feel like they are all powerful! Oh please! I think it was an altercation that got out of hand!

I don't support the clubs for this joint ban - so I say fuck em! They weren't that impressive of clubs anyway!!
Posted by support bands not bans!!!!!! on January 19, 2009 at 7:52 PM · Report this

Posted by support bands not bans!!!!!! on January 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM · Report this
Speaking as an employee of a venue, I don't mind knowing that I won't have to deal with the potential for more bullshit on an already busy weekend night. I understand where these clubs are coming from. If an artist/band is known to have assaulted a bar employee they have every right to make that call. It's just looking out for their employees and patrons. Calling it a SYNDICATE is taking it too far and a prime example of why this city needs a serious reality check.
Posted by nope on January 20, 2009 at 12:19 AM · Report this
If they keep building a fan base, the ban won't last. I give it 6 months. Perfect time for a summer party.
Posted by June 20th on January 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM · Report this
Bad at math... let's try that again.
Posted by July 20th on January 20, 2009 at 3:26 PM · Report this
So is Capitol Hill music scene becoming an "us" vs. "them" kinda situation now?
Posted by let's get along, y'all on January 22, 2009 at 9:44 AM · Report this
Why should a band be treated any differently than some other drunk dickheads who assault an employee? An angry drunk is an angry drunk.
Posted by ohplease on March 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM · Report this