Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Bloody Valentine to Play WAMU Theater April 27

Posted by on Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 9:35 AM

After I got the news, I checked, and sure enough, Pitchfork beat everyone to the scoop about MBV's very limited string of club dates after Coachella. Whatever. The show will be at the WAMU Theater, about $38.50 a pop. The online pre-sale begins next week on Wednesday morning. Ready your early-morning Ticketmaster scalp-robots.

Comments (36) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
GO TO THIS SHOW

I saw the last "final" show in L.A. last October.

Look for the ambulances outside the WaMu theatre that night
Posted by mackro mackro on March 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM · Report this
I need to know whether the seating is assigned or GA. I'm not sure how soon I need to get my ticket(s). Also, presale password anyone?
Posted by Dutch on March 12, 2009 at 10:48 AM · Report this
I'm pretty sure it will be GA.
Posted by mackro mackro on March 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM · Report this
kdjfl;kasdjvwrotihbjaHbkg
Posted by HOLY FUCK on March 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM · Report this
Ready your earplugs - I also caught them in LA and it was by far the LOUDEST show I've ever experienced, like standing behind a jet plane for 90 minutes. My ears are ringing just thinking about it.
Posted by Explorer on March 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM · Report this
It's gonna sound great in there!
Posted by Hippie Johnny on March 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM · Report this
Sarcasm or not, it's true! It doesn't really matter where MBV play: it will sound like an MBV concert and it will hurt if you're not cautious.
Posted by mackro mackro on March 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM · Report this
saw em at the moore in the grunge era - my GF ran out screaming at the end.

fuck yeah i'll be there bitches.
Posted by Jesus Fucking Christ on March 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM · Report this

Onsale to General Public:
Start: Fri, 03/20/09 12:00 PM PDT

Internet Presale:
Start: Wed, 03/18/09 10:00 AM PDT
End: Thu, 03/19/09 10:00 PM PD
Posted by Chad on March 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM · Report this
You will not hear correctly forever afterwards. I saw them too in what number 8 refers to the grunge era at the Moore. If you have to hear and see one band at least once in your life see MBV. Not sure I will go this time because the ticket prices seem a bit steep. After service charges you are looking at something close to $50 a ticket.
Posted by Lord Summerisle on March 12, 2009 at 12:59 PM · Report this
Goddamnit. Why do they have to play at wamu? IT IS THE WORST FUCKING VENUE OF ALL TIME. Damnit, damnit damnit. The acoustics are going to be terrible. Intolerable. :(
Posted by Original Monique on March 12, 2009 at 1:04 PM · Report this
The first time I heard My Bloody Valentine, I was tripping out on acid harder than I had ever done before. I couldn't believe how strange and "melty" the music was. I woke the next afternoon, semi-recovered, popped the CD back in and realized that it sounded pretty much the same. I mean that in a good way.
Posted by JC on March 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM · Report this
I call bullshit. I'm not sure which I hate more - the band or its "fans".
Posted by Lee on March 12, 2009 at 1:21 PM · Report this
I'm going to Coachella, but will likely buy tics for this too. There is no record that retains its appeal after 10,000 listens like Loveless.

And yeah, I was out of my fucking head on acid at that Moore show also. Ah, college days...
Posted by schmacky on March 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM · Report this
@11: ACOUSTICS DON'T MATTER WITH MBV LIVE.
Posted by mackro mackro on March 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM · Report this
Have they written any new songs? 'Cause I've heard all of those enough times.
Posted by Fnarf on March 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM · Report this
@16: No. This is basically the fourth leg of the Loveless tour.

They do have a new approach to "You Made Me Realise" live tho
Posted by mackro mackro on March 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM · Report this
@17 When I attended the show in SF, "You Made Me Realise" clocked in around 23 minutes.

I hope every fucking music hipster within a 50-mile radius of Seattle attends this show, sans earplugs, and may every drop of distortion smite the lot of 'em. Payback for every show I ever attended where these entitled pricks talked during a band's set.
Posted by Holy Fuck on March 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM · Report this
They were playing the 20-minute noise middle to "You Made Me Realise" 18 years ago. What's the new part?
Posted by Fnarf on March 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM · Report this
This is going to be in 3D, right?
Posted by Jeff Kirby on March 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM · Report this
@20: Ha!
Posted by Eric Grandy on March 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM · Report this
Go to this show.
Posted by Steven Severin on March 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM · Report this
@ 18 A-FUCKING-MEN.
Posted by napalm on March 12, 2009 at 8:09 PM · Report this
@18 this town is so full of those fuckers... I dare joy in imagining their sonic demise....
Posted by fuckityduckityduck on March 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM · Report this
@20: Jeff is kinda right with the "3-D" comment, actually! I won't give it away, but YMMR circa 1992 live vs. YMMR in 2008 live were two long loud beasts, but with two differences.

@19: Fnarf, just don't go to the show if you're trying to talk your way out of it. This is primarily for the folks who didn't catch them in 1992 or before.
Posted by mackro mackro on March 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM · Report this
any word yet on how to get presale tickets?
Posted by e on March 15, 2009 at 10:12 PM · Report this
saw them at atp in ny last fall and it was everything I had ever hoped an mbv show could be.

the staff at atp were handing out super duper fancy earplugs saying, "mbv _insist_ that you wear these!" but I was being a brat and thinking, this may be the only chance that I get to experience the damage of mbv!! so I went sans. and the ringing in my ears for the 5 days after it might've been as enjoyable as the show was.

afteward, we ran into kevin shields who was very nice enough to have a chat, and he explained so much about the design of the volume being less damaging due to lower ends, blah blah, I was so start struck (I know, gross!) to really remember.

either way, my experience was amazing-it had a narcoleptic quality on me as I nodded off twice during the set, but in any case, I was euphoric for days.

like after visiting niagra falls! (but in your ears!)

GOGOOGGOGOGOGOOOO if you're even thinking of it (even if you're being a curmudgeon about it).
Posted by schmancy on March 16, 2009 at 12:15 AM · Report this
I saw MBV in Chicago last September and YMMR clocked in at 37 minutes.
Posted by tornado on March 16, 2009 at 10:07 AM · Report this
Is there a presale password?
Posted by arbeck on March 16, 2009 at 12:30 PM · Report this
Code is:

MYBLOODYVALENTINE
Posted by imi on March 18, 2009 at 9:26 AM · Report this
thanks
Posted by ukes on March 18, 2009 at 10:06 AM · Report this
just got my ticket but I suggest that you head to the wamu theatre box office. My single ticket 38.50 ticket was 55.65 through ticketbastard.
Posted by Dutch on March 18, 2009 at 12:08 PM · Report this
#30 - much, much thanks! I was going to be out of town, with potentially no access to the Internet on Friday. With the code you provided, I now have a ticket to see one of the few remaining bands I never got to see before they broke up reunited (the only other one, the Smiths, is never going to happen).
Posted by bookworm on March 18, 2009 at 12:11 PM · Report this
thanks so much imi!!!!!!!!!! you are a good samaritan!!!
Posted by cat on March 18, 2009 at 12:20 PM · Report this
Thanks for the code!
Posted by mikeziegler on March 18, 2009 at 1:52 PM · Report this
Thanks for the presale password; although I probably could have guessed it in a few tries! Gonna be a great show even if it is at the horrible concrete cavern. At least it's not Key Arena.

Posted by rk on March 18, 2009 at 11:58 PM · Report this