Line Out Music & the City at Night

Friday, April 2, 2010

All Eyes on Dank

Posted by on Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM

I saw her last Friday at the last Corners show at the Rendezvous:

l_1ced5bb9dcbc4fdf8ae1aa1f8c055d9d.jpg

Her names is Lisa Dank and her set for a show that included Black Stax, Q-Dot, Brotha Brown, and DJ Mr. Hill was unexpectedly entertaining. How to describe her? Maybe like this: Where Anna Oxygen came to an end, Dank picks up and reboots with a terrific amount of punk/funk and sexual energy. She is fearless and raw. She intimidates me. She satisfied me.

Comments (14) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Dank is all that!
Posted by jay el gato on April 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM · Report this
lisa skank is more like it.
Posted by smartysmarty on April 3, 2010 at 9:51 AM · Report this
bitch can't rock a show but i heard she can rock a cock!
Posted by anonymous-bouncer on April 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM · Report this
I freakin love Lisa Dank. There is NO ONE in seattle doing what she's doing...and she does it soooo well.
Posted by matias on April 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM · Report this
I think it's a good thing that no one in Seattle is making such tasteless music.
Posted by wild stallion 206 on April 3, 2010 at 10:31 AM · Report this
@2
Lisa Skank - Really? Ya couldn't come up with an original insult? Idiot.
Posted by jackfruity on April 3, 2010 at 10:37 AM · Report this
SPREAD LOVE!!!
Posted by Ananda Pura on April 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM · Report this
Lisa Dank 8
I really love and appreciate everyone of you, even you haters. I mean that with all sincerity. This is my lively hood, and you shitting on me? Fertilizer.

AHH I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

=D
Posted by Lisa Dank http://myspace.com/lisadank on April 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM · Report this
Lisa Dank 9
I really love and appreciate everyone of you, even you haters. I mean that with all sincerity. You shitting on me? Fertilizer.

=D
Posted by Lisa Dank http://myspace.com/lisadank on April 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM · Report this
Lisa Dank 10
OOPS! Whatever. Haters hate on. Lovers, I love you.
Posted by Lisa Dank http://myspace.com/lisadank on April 3, 2010 at 11:37 AM · Report this
i like her cleavage
Posted by getthesicker on April 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM · Report this
Trolls, your whole man=stud/woman=skank line of critique is looking so, sooooo dated.
Posted by Eric Grandy on April 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM · Report this
Lisa Dank has got a strong hustle. Whatever people feel about what she does, you have to respect the fact that she straight out-works half the performers in the area.
Posted by Deevious Silvertongue on April 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM · Report this
Anthony-Jerk Reaction 14
Seems like Lisa Dank haters come in one of three categories:
1) ex-collaborators who couldn't cut it.
2) people afraid and/or jealous of her
3) people who have never met her or heard her
Posted by Anthony-Jerk Reaction http://myspace.com/anthonyjerkreaction on April 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM · Report this