Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chromeo: Exchanging Fluids

Posted by on Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM

ChromeoSpit.jpg
Chromeo Sound Check this week. They play Showbox Market tonight.

I followed up with Dave 1 about a couple things:

Has P-Thugg ever accidentally spat on you using his talk box? Because with that tube hanging out of his mouth all the time, it’s bound to get dangerous.
Dave 1: No, actually. No fluid has been exchanged. In fifteen years of friendship and playing, there have been no fluids exchanged.

If you were an amusement park ride, what would you be?
The Tunnel of Love. You get in the tunnel, the lights go off, and you see a bunch of eyeballs. It would be called “The Lights Off.” The ride is Chromed out, of course.

I’ll look for that soon at an amusement park near you. Any fluids exchanged there?
Coney Island, baby. Bring it. No, Chromeo Island is the name of the island. There could be some fluid exchanging there, yes.

Comments (10) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
I would be Toad's Wild Ride. Best ride ever.
Posted by Mr. Toad on August 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM · Report this
Does the stranger staff really like Chromeo this much? its been like 20 mentions in the past two months. Are we going to play these records for our kids? Its like ABBA all over again
Posted by Mr. Townsend on August 13, 2010 at 12:43 AM · Report this
I would be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride too.
Posted by Kendra on August 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM · Report this
Or the Flying Dutchman.
Posted by Kendra on August 13, 2010 at 10:27 AM · Report this
More talk box. Greatest musical invention since the gong.
Posted by Howard G on August 13, 2010 at 8:01 PM · Report this
I agree with 5. There needs to be more talk box in the world.
Posted by Samanthal on August 14, 2010 at 4:00 PM · Report this
Oh shit. I'd be Space Mountain.
Posted by Samanthal on August 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM · Report this
Bumper Cars, another ride i'd be. Are Bumper Cars even a ride though? Good question for a heat wave on Saturday.
Posted by Samanthal on August 14, 2010 at 4:03 PM · Report this
You are all wrong. The ride to be is the Haunted Mansion. It is far and away the right choice.
Posted by HTCC on August 15, 2010 at 5:27 PM · Report this
More, I Say! 10
totes gonna play Chromeo for my kids.
Posted by More, I Say! on August 16, 2010 at 9:11 AM · Report this