Line Out Music & the City at Night

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Meet Mister Heavenly's Bass Player ...

Posted by on Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:53 PM

01_Michael_Cera_0014.jpg

When new Sub Pop signees Mister Heavenly played their first show tonight at the Moore, opening for Passion Pit, the source of the most excitement among the throngs of teens was that their bass was being played by Michael Cera, patron saint of the perpetually awkward adolescent.

He's played bass players on film twice in the last two years, so I guess that it makes sense that he'd get around to putting his Sex Bob-omb (and/or Jerk Offs) skills to use on a real stage. I've sent a note to Sub Pop to see if they have the backstory on his spot in the lineup. More on that, and photos from the rest of the show, later tomorrow.

update: Sub Pop's publicity coordinator Bekah Zietz says that "as of right now he is not an official member, just playing with the guys on this tour."

02_Michael_Cera_0026.jpg

Comments (18) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
tallchris 1
Dogstar 2.0.
Posted by tallchris http://policeteeth.bandcamp.com on December 1, 2010 at 4:47 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 2
Phantom Planet(s)

(actually, I'm not even sure if he's "in the band". so maybe not?)
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on December 1, 2010 at 8:02 AM · Report this
tallchris 3
He's even holding the bass awkwardly.

Someone let me know when Jesse Eisenberg has a band.
Posted by tallchris http://policeteeth.bandcamp.com on December 1, 2010 at 8:07 AM · Report this
they were horrible! really really horrible!
Posted by mallorykatesweber on December 1, 2010 at 8:33 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 5
That photo was taken during a guitar strap malfunction.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on December 1, 2010 at 8:35 AM · Report this
cosby 6
The tear drop bass makes me think "Michael Cera and Pete Hook megaband coming soon".
Posted by cosby http://www.myspace.com/cosbyshownights on December 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM · Report this
Ah, the rich man's Jesse Eisenberg.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 1, 2010 at 9:25 AM · Report this
--MC 8
You didn't know? IMDB says he had to dumb down his wonderous bass playing skills in the Michael Pilgrim film. D, D, D, D .. I meant Scott.
Posted by --MC on December 1, 2010 at 9:44 AM · Report this
I'm 85 Years Old 9
dude can't work a bass guitar strap let alone a bass. but he can sure work my heart. <3
Posted by I'm 85 Years Old on December 1, 2010 at 9:48 AM · Report this
Fnarf 10
He's starting to look like a man. Kind of ruins it for me.

Is Mister Heavenly an all-male tribute band to Heavenly?
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on December 1, 2010 at 10:03 AM · Report this
He's no Robbie Rist.
Posted by Jeff on December 1, 2010 at 10:42 AM · Report this
Dougsf 12
"I've made a terrible mistake."
Posted by Dougsf on December 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM · Report this
Is Mister Heavenly an all-male tribute band to Heavenly?

Thank you, Fnarf.
Posted by Eric Grandy on December 1, 2010 at 2:00 PM · Report this
@12 you've made a terrible mistake because it's...

"I've made a huge mistake"
Posted by appreciate the sentiment tho! on December 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM · Report this
Philly 15
I wish they were.
Posted by Philly on December 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM · Report this
Dougsf 16
@14 - DAMNIT. I've got a mind like a sieve, but I keep trying.
Posted by Dougsf on December 1, 2010 at 5:35 PM · Report this
Wow, he's wearing a shirt that's not that ugly.
Posted by Ianp on December 2, 2010 at 8:45 AM · Report this
audreythegreat 18
Michael Cera should just propose to me already. He's literally everything I've dreamed of!
Posted by audreythegreat on December 30, 2010 at 1:14 PM · Report this