Line Out Music & the City at Night

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bus on Fire: More Kings of Leon Schadenfreude

Posted by on Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:36 AM

In the latest instance of god and nature (shouts, genus columbidae) conspiring against the Kings of Leon, two of the band's buses caught on fire this morning, forcing them to postpone a sold-out show at London's O2 arena. BBC reports:

A concert by Kings of Leon has been postponed after a fire on one of their tour buses at The O2 arena in London.

The blaze began on the coach before spreading to another tour bus in the loading bay of the venue in Greenwich.

About 60 firefighters were at the scene on Tuesday morning and ambulance crews treated six people for smoke inhalation.

An O2 spokesman said the fire meant there was not enough time to rig the arena for the sell-out concert.

We can laugh about it, but ultimately we still live in a world where god and pigeon allows this band to sell out the O2. Makes your inner arsonist itchy, doesn't it?

Comments (9) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
"your bus is on fire!"
Posted by someone had to do it on December 21, 2010 at 10:06 AM · Report this
Aw c'mon, don't be such a snob about the 3rd generation Southern Strokes.
Posted by Vadt on December 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM · Report this
"3rd generation Southern Strokes" is your case FOR the band?!

(Also, maybe I missed it, but when have these guys ever recorded anything as good and catchy as the Strokes' first 1.5 albums?)
Posted by Eric Grandy on December 21, 2010 at 10:28 AM · Report this
Sorry, my sarcasm apparently missed... I don't really defend KoL. I admit I found a few of their songs kind of catchy several years back but upon repeated listens, well... 3rd gen So. Strokes at best. I also made the mistake of paying attention to their lryics on the 3rd or 4th listen. Ugh. But I don't wish anyone's tour bus catches fire... Also there are worse bands selling out arenas, no?
Posted by Vadt on December 21, 2010 at 11:18 AM · Report this
my bad on the sarcasm detection front. i've been off the blogs for a minute, i'm feeling rusty. "3rd generation southern strokes" is actually a pretty good, um, burn.
Posted by Eric Grandy on December 21, 2010 at 11:24 AM · Report this
care bear 6
Wishing their buses will catch on fire is decidedly not in the Christmas spirit, Eric.
Posted by care bear on December 21, 2010 at 12:54 PM · Report this
I really liked that 'Aha Shake Heartbreak' record...it was just empty, which i thought was an interesting stylistic choice. I didn't recognize the new rash of pop hits as belonging to the same band until it was pointed out to me at an embarrassingly late point.

Posted by Chris Jury http://www.thebismarck.net on December 21, 2010 at 1:21 PM · Report this
josh 8
I admit that a few of their singles are really catchy and well produced, but I still find their extreme popularity (especially in the UK) fascinating and baffling.
Posted by josh http://www.sciencevsromance.net on December 21, 2010 at 8:44 PM · Report this
Simone 9
I too like some of their songs and find them catchy even-though I couldn't understand a word being said at times.
Posted by Simone on December 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM · Report this