Line Out Music & the City at Night

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hey, You Guys

Posted by on Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 5:42 AM

I feel pretty stressed out right now. I just woke up spooning an obsolete printer (real story). I only ultimately want the music section to be really fun to read. Also, I want to make sure it's cool with you guys if we only cover electronica, rap, and shoegaze.

Comments (12) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
sevendaughters 1
There ain't no love like Dot Matrix love.

Illbient is fine by me.
Posted by sevendaughters on January 7, 2011 at 6:02 AM · Report this
flippingthroughrecords 2
"Spooning an Obsolete Printer" would make a great song, but should it be rap, electronica or shoegaze?

Now, that you get first pick of the tunes please don't forget the leftovers. Thanks again for the heads up on J.C. Satan.
Posted by flippingthroughrecords on January 7, 2011 at 8:21 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 3
What else is there? Aside from electro-rap, electrrogaze, rapgaze, and shoetronica, of course.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on January 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM · Report this
cosby 4
Electronica, rap, and shoegaze is essentially all I listen to. If you threw soul in there, the joke-direction of this blog and I would be best friends.
Posted by cosby http://www.myspace.com/cosbyshownights on January 7, 2011 at 9:06 AM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 5
"rapegaze...that's g-a-z-e"
-ann k powers
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on January 7, 2011 at 10:08 AM · Report this
Jason Baxter 6
How about just shoegaze and shoetronica? That's where I'm at.
Posted by Jason Baxter on January 7, 2011 at 10:20 AM · Report this
Well that's just great...
Posted by Doo doo on January 7, 2011 at 10:27 AM · Report this
dan10things 8
Dot matrixes are making a comeback in 2011.
Posted by dan10things http://10thingszine.blogspot.com on January 7, 2011 at 10:34 AM · Report this
care bear 9
Musical traffic reports, please.
Posted by care bear on January 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM · Report this
T 10
Only if the electronica is from Europe, the shoegaze is from NYC, and the rap is local. Otherwise, piss off.
Posted by T on January 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM · Report this
Canadian Nurse 11
I've just realized that your new role probably means no more Officewatchâ„¢ from you next year. Can I take back my congratulations? You better cover shoetronica and rapgaze as if all of our affection depends on it.

Plus, the next web content coordinator better be batshit crazy, dammit.
Posted by Canadian Nurse on January 8, 2011 at 7:18 AM · Report this
what I love about this whole thing is that some random fool's post has spawned a whole rapegaze/shoetronica/rapeshoe meme.
Posted by paulus on January 9, 2011 at 2:26 AM · Report this