Line Out Music & the City at Night

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Look Who's Playing the Capitol Hill Block Party! (And Buy Your Three-Day Pass TODAY!)

Posted by on Wed, May 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM

square.jpg

The 2011 Capitol Hill Block Party is July 22-24 and do you want to know who's playing? Well here, let me tell you (take a deep breath, the list is very long):

TV on the Radio, Explosions in the Sky, Ghostland Observatory, Thurston Moore, the Cave Singers, Battles, Ra Ra Riot, Les Savy Fav, Handsome Furs, the Posies, Kurt Vile and the Violators, Yuck, Fucked Up, Telekinesis, Cults, Cold Cave, Woods, Fences, Pink Mountaintops, My Goodness, Papercuts, Austra, the Fresh and Onlys, Mad Rad, Fresh Espresso, Champagne Champagne, Federation X, Thee Satisfaction, Ravenna Woods, Young Evils, Black Breath, Grynch, Absolute Monarchs, Akimbo, Eleanor Friedberger, Gravebabies, Beat Connection, Grand Hallway, Campfire OK, Loch Lomond, Skarp, Lisa Dank, Sol, Painted Palms, Mash Hall, Metal Chocolates, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Sports, Craft Spells, Boat, Lake, Virgin Islands, Spurm, Elephant Rider, the Pharmacy, Lovesick Empire, Constant Lovers, Slow Dance, Don't Talk to the Cops, Nazca Lines, Reporter, Thomas Wright Trio, Lovers, Yarn Owl, the First Times, Teen Daze, Lumerians, Seapony, Wheelies, the Lumineers, Witch Garden, He Whose Ox Is Gored, Slow Dance, Land of Pines, Buster Blue, the First Times, "The Rolling Stones," Hausu, Yuni in Taxco, Spaceneedles, Comeback! Featuring: Ohnonos, Hollyhood!, and DJ sets by Fourcolor Zack, Tigerbeat, Sean Cee, and DJ N8... AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

And now that you've gotten all excited about the line-up, you can BUY THREE-DAY PASSES TODAY in a special pre-sale for Stranger readers! They'll go on sale at 10 am right here. Just type in the promo code thestranger when prompted.

Three-day passes go on sale to the general public this Friday at 10 am. (But I don't know why you'd wait seeing as how I just gave you the pre-sale code—duh.)

The full day-by-day schedule will be released June 1st, and single day tickets will go on sale June 3rd.

BUY YOUR 3-DAY PASSES HERE.

Comments (24) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
care bear 1
I like.
Posted by care bear on May 18, 2011 at 9:25 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 2
TV on the Radio & Explosions in the Sky! Good gets, CHBP.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on May 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM · Report this
Njoy 3
So psyched for EITS! But jesus does it mean I am getting old when I only know like 6 other bands in the line up?
Posted by Njoy on May 18, 2011 at 9:44 AM · Report this
Great line-up......though Ghostland Observitory are going to bring the douches
Posted by reaganyouth on May 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM · Report this
1000x better than last year
Posted by Trollytrolltroll on May 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM · Report this
cosby 6
According to Last.FM, my compatibility with CHBP is 0%.
Posted by cosby http://www.myspace.com/cosbyshownights on May 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM · Report this
Yeah this lineup is way better than last year! Still wish it was just combined into two days though. don't think my liver could make it through three days.
Posted by Conrad McMasters on May 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM · Report this
@7 You could always not drink one day. Just a thought.
Posted by Grease Wizard on May 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM · Report this
murray chatauqua 9
Some good stuff, but nothing to make up for Blonde Redhead canceling last year.
Posted by murray chatauqua on May 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM · Report this
Gurldoggie 10
Impressive.
And "The Rolling Stones" is a great name for a band.
Posted by Gurldoggie http://gurldogg.blogspot.com on May 18, 2011 at 11:47 AM · Report this
Duuuuudes!!!!! Capitol Hill Sausage Fest. What about STICKERS?
Posted by blahbleh on May 18, 2011 at 12:04 PM · Report this
This sucks.
Posted by whothefuckisthis on May 18, 2011 at 12:40 PM · Report this
mbb 13
ghostland is a headliner?!?! they havent been cool since 2006.
I totally agree with @4 they will bring the douches!

I'm not totally pysched for this line-up. Theres a couple bands I want to see, but I think this years is the weakest from the past 5 years.
Posted by mbb on May 18, 2011 at 1:20 PM · Report this
Ghostland is a weak excuse for a headliner but if you remove them it's the best lineup they've had in a while
Posted by cbatson on May 18, 2011 at 2:04 PM · Report this
Not being 21 blows. EITS is the only band on this lineup that really gets me psyched. I just hope they don't end up playing at Nuemos, fuck. Anyone have any info on this?
Posted by SeeTaylorPlay on May 18, 2011 at 3:20 PM · Report this
EITS is playing the main stage, which is all ages
Posted by Meinert on May 18, 2011 at 8:13 PM · Report this
Lumerians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by LumerianLover on May 18, 2011 at 9:52 PM · Report this
So no hip-hop this year
Posted by Big Willy on May 18, 2011 at 10:22 PM · Report this
Hip hop blows dicks Willy
Posted by Trollytrolltroll on May 19, 2011 at 2:37 AM · Report this
I would be offended Troll, but looking at the line up I would say your right.
Posted by Big Willy on May 19, 2011 at 8:12 AM · Report this
@big willy style

This is the full line-up amigo
Posted by reaganyouth on May 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM · Report this
@big willy style

* Isn't that is.....
Posted by reaganyouth on May 19, 2011 at 8:44 AM · Report this
I wish Fucked Up was playing a real date instead of this.
Posted by chrisgreen on May 19, 2011 at 10:25 AM · Report this
@22

Nope, this is the partial lineup.
Posted by BabbleRabbit on May 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM · Report this