Line Out Music & the City at Night

Monday, July 11, 2011

Everyday Music: Go Buy Something

Posted by on Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:31 PM

While Dave Segal selfishly wants record stores, who are already in dire straights, to give away records on a regular basis (Segal is also known for hoarding all the Vitamin Water promo crap we get here at the office), I am humbly pledging that we all go to Everyday, whose owner is weighing the pros and cons of staying open this week, and buy something. I'm going on my lunch break. I will tell y'all what I bought in the comments, and I encourage others to do the same.

Comments (7) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Saw the first Pains of Being Pure at Heart record in the used bin last night for $6. Someone swoop that great deal!
Posted by Thuel on July 11, 2011 at 2:31 PM · Report this
I picked up the fantastic primal scream album "screamadelica" and the rare-ish beats international album "excusion on the version" the other day. Passed up some other great stuff there, so get over there folks!

-j
Posted by a kid on July 11, 2011 at 3:02 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 3
I fear that supporting something for the sake of supporting something is only a temporary fix.
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on July 11, 2011 at 3:08 PM · Report this
Grant Brissey, Emeritus 4
You're a temporary fix.
Posted by Grant Brissey, Emeritus http://www.grantropolis.com/ on July 11, 2011 at 3:49 PM · Report this
Grant Brissey, Emeritus 5
I got a Pixies "Planet of Sound" 12", which also features the songs "Theme From Narc," "Build High," and "Evil Hearted You."

A Ursula & the Androids/Jackie and the Control-Tops 7" split from Dirtnap (zzz35!)

A new Les Savy Fav 7" with "Let's Get Out of Here," and "Sleepless in Silverlake," so I can play it tonight!
Posted by Grant Brissey, Emeritus http://www.grantropolis.com/ on July 11, 2011 at 3:55 PM · Report this
Estey 6
Thanks, Grant! Picked up an armload of used vinyl I'd had on my list for awhile but needed a specific prompting. Music journalism making a difference!
Posted by Estey on July 11, 2011 at 6:17 PM · Report this
TopherBook 7
No, no, no! I finally move to a city where there are great record stores (or any record stores, for that matter), and my favorite haunt might die? There were 2 shops near my office: Sonic Boom and Everyday. Now SB is closing on Capitol Hill and EDM might follow. Bleh.

Anyway, to support them and to feed my only vice, I stopped by and picked up
- The new Atmosphere album
- "Accidental Gentlemen" and "The First Ten Years, Vol II" by Piebald

I almost picked up Neil Young's "After the Gold Rush," but I had to stop. (No need to lambast me, I know it's a classic that I should own.)
Posted by TopherBook on July 11, 2011 at 8:24 PM · Report this