Line Out Music & the City at Night

Friday, December 30, 2011

Here Are the Songs You Listened to 100+ Times in 2011

Posted by on Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM

2011albums.jpg
Earlier this week I asked you which songs you listened to over 100 times in 2011. Then smart lady Julia suggested via Twitter that I make a Spotify playlist of all the songs. Good idea, Julia! So here it is, friends, a playlist comprised of the songs you and your Line Out-reading peers listened to over and over and over again in the year 2011. It's over two hours long and, for those of you who listed more than a song or two, I just added the first couple of suggestions, so please don't feel bad if all of your favorites didn't make it.

Listen to it here!

Also, while Spotify has a lot of music, I couldn't find some of the tunes so here are links to them via bandcamp and YouTube and such, should you want to supplement the playlist:

"Somebody I Used to Know," by Gotye

sweet idea.
Posted by yos-wa on December 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM · Report this
lunasea 2
Yay for Stupify!!!
Posted by lunasea on December 30, 2011 at 12:39 PM · Report this
blip 3
I didn't have any songs with over 100 plays this year (or any year) but eXquire and Toro y Moi were among my most-listened. Excellent choices, Line Out.
Posted by blip on December 30, 2011 at 12:50 PM · Report this
Spotify requires a facebook login to use. So for those of you who are like me and don't have that option, here's the streaming service I use. SLOG - Played over 100 times playlist on Rdio: http://rd.io/x/QVUxqzNYTak

Unfortunately Rdio did not have my top played song of the year. Some Children by Holy Ghost! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_zTamb69…
Posted by sisyphusgal on December 30, 2011 at 1:30 PM · Report this
Lest we forget The Queen Haters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njiUFtrFk…
Posted by Julian in Seattle on December 30, 2011 at 2:13 PM · Report this
Megan Seling 6
@4 Awesome! Thanks for making an alternative, sisyphusgal. I know not everyone uses (or likes) Spotify.
Posted by Megan Seling on December 30, 2011 at 7:17 PM · Report this