Line Out Music & the City at Night

Sunday, January 15, 2012

What Are You Listening to While It Snows Outside?

Posted by on Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Right now I'm jamming some Dismemberment Plan (Emergency & I) because it reminds me of going to New York this time last year to see their reunion show at Webster Hall despite the East Coast snowstorm. Snow was everywhere. Several feet of it lined the sidewalks, pushed from the streets with plows. Central Park was 98% white—only a few paths were beaten down by snow boots and sleds and tourists kept falling down on the icy bridges. New Yorkers were getting really sick of the weather, complaining about the snow and the cold as they got their coffee. But I loved it and, despite only having tennis shoes, I still walked everywhere I went instead of taking the subways only because I didn't want to miss a second of the prettiness.

What are you listening to while the snow falls outside?

Comments (10) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Rabid Child Images 1
i'm listening to the adolescents first record. classic.
Posted by Rabid Child Images http://flickr.com/photos/rabidchildimages/sets on January 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM · Report this
TopherBook 2
Van Halen. "Women and Children First," then "1984." Possibly related: this snow seems to have a rocking, screeching, overtly sexual way about it.
Posted by TopherBook on January 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM · Report this
A bit of a blatant-self-plug, but I was listening to the snow. You can year recordings here:

Also, Coil's 'The Snow' (can't help it) and we had Of Monsters and Men on for a bit as well.

chris
Posted by zimbo on January 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM · Report this
* hear :)
Posted by zimbo on January 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM · Report this
Posted by abcdefg on January 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM · Report this
Posted by mimesis on January 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM · Report this
Josh Bis 7
Belle & Sebastian, "Fox in the Snow" (obvs.)
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on January 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM · Report this
LEE. 8
Die Kreuzen "October File"
Posted by LEE. on January 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM · Report this
hello/goodbye stranger 9
Jennifer Trynin.
Posted by hello/goodbye stranger http://saudadetoday.blogspot.com/ on January 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM · Report this
I always have to put on Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow by Nick Cave when it starts coming down..
Posted by jack chandelier on January 17, 2012 at 7:47 PM · Report this