Line Out Music & the City at Night

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

TacocaT Nominated For High Times Doobie Award

Posted by on Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Word around town is that "Volcano" by local weedsters TacocaT is in the running for Pot Song of the Year by High Times Magazine. In addition, TacocaT will be opening the High Times Magazine Doobie Awards 2012 SXSW Party in March*. I spoke briefly with an anonymous TacocaT to get the scoop on grass and what it means to the band.

How important is pot to TacocaT as a band?
Fun is important to TacocaT as a band. Pot makes things more fun. So somewhat important.

What is the song "Volcano" about?
About the vaporizer of the same name. We were hoping they'd send us a free one, but it hasn't happened yet. Hint, hint: 334 17th Ave / Apartment A / Seattle WA, 98122

What's the best thing about smoking pot?
Getting high. Everything really IS more fun when you're high, or at least when I'm high. I don't want to speak for you.

What's the best way to smoke pot?
Hmmmm, bong or vaporizer. Or apple.

How much does pot cost?
$20 per 1.6 grams, roughly.

How funny is Cheech and Chong?
Moderately funny.

Is pot the best drug?
I think so. I've never tried heroin though. People seem to love that stuff.

When was the first time you smoked pot?
The day before I graduated from high school.

Where were you? What happened?
It was the "senior sleepover" where all the seniors slept at the school the day before graduation. We walked to the end of the football field and i smoked two puffs. I went back to my van and didn't really feel very high.

Do you like Tom Petty?
No. I LOVE tom petty.

Are you good at rolling joints?
Like a B+.

How do you feel about reggae?
I love old reggae. Except Bob Marley and Peter Tosh. Toots and the Maytals are wonderful.

Do you often get into fist fights?
Only once.

What are the best varieties of pot?
Hmm... Alaskan Thunderfuck has the best name and is the best weed.

Does everybody in TacocaT smoke pot?
One member takes fake hits, so its hard to say.

Good luck at the weed contest, TacocaT!

*The High Times website doesn't seem to list TacocaT yet, I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually, mon.

Comments (11) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
You're missing out by not listening to early Bob Marley. Mon.
Posted by DontStopBelievinRecs on January 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 2
expose the fake hitter!
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on January 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM · Report this
Emily takes fake hits cuz she doesn't want to damage her instrument (her voice).
Posted by paulus on January 25, 2012 at 6:11 PM · Report this
Estey 4
Speaking as a publicist, it's fucking hard to get shit into High Times. I thought for sure they'd eat up a lot of the LITA LPs I hustled like hugely strong pot brownies, but no bites. I salute Thee, TacocaT and Thy mighty pull with Maui-driven media!
Posted by Estey on January 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM · Report this
Emily Nokes 5
Paulus!!! Have you heard how deep my voice is? That's from the opposite of fake hitting.
Posted by Emily Nokes on January 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 6
There seems to be a clear fake hitter winner.
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on January 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM · Report this
Grant Brissey, Emeritus 7
Bree can't smoke doob!
Posted by Grant Brissey, Emeritus http://www.grantropolis.com/ on January 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM · Report this
yos-wa 8
ugh. tom petty is the WORST!
Posted by yos-wa on January 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM · Report this
Hernandez 9
Oh I agree, Alaskan Thunderfuck is just wonderful.
Posted by Hernandez http://hernandezlist.blogspot.com on January 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM · Report this
Seriously though, Volcanoes cost like $500. They're awesome and the hits kinda taste like weed popcorn but why not just spend the $500 on dro and smoke it like a normal human?

Also, dub is clearly the best pot-smoking reggae.
Posted by Mike Ramos on January 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM · Report this
CMRz 11
Easiest poll I've ever taken
Posted by CMRz http://www.cmrtyz.com on January 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM · Report this