Line Out Music & the City at Night

Monday, March 26, 2012

Tender Validations: Mix of the Month Club

Posted by on Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

tinyval500.jpg
  • MS
I spotted this sticker while walking to work this morning. My interest was piqued because a) I love being validated (especially tenderly!) and b) I miss the Rain City Mix Tape Club, the monthly mix-tape gathering which hasn't met for at least a year. Tender Validations appears to be the next best thing! How did I not know about this sooner?

Here's what their blog says:

Following the assignment and the rules, make a mix and submit it by the deadline. The submissions will be made into a compilation, mixed and matched to other Tender Validators, and mailed out the following week. Participants receive an anonymous mix, a compilation, and other various tender validations.

Fun!

The March/April assignment is Just Another Manic Monday: Songs About Disorders. They say:

There are a lot of songs out there about being freaky, being crazy, killing yourself, going schitzo and the like, so let's hear em! Might as well go with the flow as they say. It could just be the cure for those pesky winter blues.

The due date is April 30th. Read more about the project and find out how to participate here.

Comments (6) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
There is a typo in your article, you refer to them as "Tiny Validations" when in fact they are named "Tender Validations". Just thought it would be nice to call them as they are. : )
Posted by hkSeattle on March 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM · Report this
Cowboy Cass 2
This is one of my fave things. The folks who run TV are amazing, and so tender! <3
Posted by Cowboy Cass on March 26, 2012 at 6:24 PM · Report this
judical3000 3
TVMOTMC rules!!!! More people should participate! I get so many amazing mixes from Tender Validations. Plus it's a rad way to join and participate in the Seattle music sharing scene. Keep post alive!
Posted by judical3000 http://wishbeard.tumblr.com/ on March 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM · Report this
yos-wa 4
i tried to keep RCMTC alive, but nobody showed up to the last two meetups i scheduled.

also, i haven't participated in TVMOTMC, but i will say that the physical meetups of RCMTC are part of the appeal. TVMOTMC does a "master" mix though, which seems cool and i know the folks at RCMTC talked about that....but talked about taking one track from each mix and making a "master" mix that can be played over the overhead at whatever bar it was we were meeting at.
Posted by yos-wa on March 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM · Report this
Megan Seling 5
@1 Thanks for catching that! I fixed.

@4 I tried to come! Sunday nights are hard for me. Maybe an earlier Wednesday or Thursday meeting? The more mixtape clubs the better, I say!
Posted by Megan Seling on March 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM · Report this
Travis Ritter 6
Yeah, I also miss RCMTC, but once Neil moved to NYC, I had no one to trade MIX TAPES with.
Posted by Travis Ritter http://nuglifer.wordpress.com on March 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM · Report this