Line Out Music & the City at Night

Friday, April 20, 2012

Your Five-Disc CD Changer Is to Blame for Fucking Up the Organization of Your CD Collection

Posted by on Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM

photo-54.jpg

Real story: I still listen to CDs. Over the course of my week off—where I did not go anywhere because I did not have any money and was exhausted in general—I spent more time than I care to admit locating errant CDs in stacks and strewn across my desk and reuniting them with errant CD cases in stacks and strewn across the desk. The reason: I own a 5-Disc CD changer. If you've got a single-disc player, you're set—one in, one out. Not so with a blasted changer! You're excited when you're putting in a new disc; You want to hear it now. Therefore, before you know it, you've got a shitload of CDs all over the place. Then you end up spending time during your week off sorting them all out and telling yourself that life is too short. Good morning and welcome back to me!

Comments (11) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
it's so weird how line out is completely stuck in the 90's. such a weird blog
Posted by 107.7 the end - music newz you can use on April 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM · Report this
yos-wa 2
yeah. get out of the 90s, you fucking neo-luddite.
Posted by yos-wa on April 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM · Report this
derek_erdman 3
@1: CDs were invented in 2002.
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on April 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM · Report this
yos-wa 4
i always put my laserdiscs in the wrong sleeve.
Posted by yos-wa on April 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM · Report this
s.maxim 5
I love the 5-disc player! Perfect for lazy ass djing parties
Posted by s.maxim on April 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM · Report this
bunnypuncher 6
Always had a 5-disc changer, have never put a CD back in the wrong case (or left it laying on a desk) in my life.
Posted by bunnypuncher http://twitter.com/princess_wolfie on April 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM · Report this
Simone 7
My 5-disc cd changer stopped working years ago. It was fun but I never got around to using all 5 slots. I think the most I ever used was like 3.
Posted by Simone on April 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM · Report this
Keekee 8
After that Captain Beefheart debacle, how are we supposed to believe anythang Grant says now???
Posted by Keekee on April 20, 2012 at 12:06 PM · Report this
Grant Brissey, Emeritus 9
I lied to our fact-checker and then went directly on vacation!
Posted by Grant Brissey, Emeritus http://www.grantropolis.com/ on April 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM · Report this
Kathy Fennessy 10
'90s?! I live in the '70s.
Posted by Kathy Fennessy http://kathleencfennessy.blogspot.com/ on April 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM · Report this
LEE. 11
good god, this hits home in the worst way. I have like a thousand CDs and I can never find any of them, at least in part to my stupid disc changer.

also, I've been utilizing the shit out of the 6 disc changer in my car ever since my cassette iPod adapter broke.
Posted by LEE. on April 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM · Report this