Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sub Pop Employee Tussles With Hate Speech

Posted by on Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM

This from Sub Pop's director of film and TV licensing, Lacey Swain:

"This is 100% truth: As I was parallel parking my car downtown I bumped the car to my rear, and I also noticed that the driver was in the car. This kind of incident has gone extremely poorly for me in the past, so I gave a little 'I'm sorry' wave and gathered my things and exited the car prepared to get into yet another fight on the street with an irate and unreasonable stranger. Instead, I look over to see that the car in question is some sort of mid makeover Fast Five type car with black primer, with a tiny, bug-eyed kid behind the wheel furiously texting. Just as I am about to give the 'my bad' wave one more time and mouth 'I'm so sorry' to him, I see that he has, written in the primer dust on the hood of the car, in all caps, mind you, the always hilarious phrase NO FAT CHICKS ALLOWED."

Furiously texting.
  • Ruben Mendez
  • "Furiously texting."

Comments (10) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
i wish i could vote 5,000 times for NO
Posted by ameliamaris on June 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 2
?!?!?!?!?!???!?!??!
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on June 14, 2012 at 3:37 PM · Report this
You know for a fact this kid wrote that on his vehicle himself, or did you just run out of real things to be mad about today?
Posted by suddenlyorcas on June 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM · Report this
merry 4
Nice to see this called what it is, for a change: hate speech.

@ 3 - So, it's somehow 'okay' if someone other than the driver wrote this?
Posted by merry on June 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM · Report this
julie russell 5
Voted no, even though I am quickly becoming one
Posted by julie russell http:// on June 14, 2012 at 4:51 PM · Report this
NO HIPPIES TOO!!!!
Posted by paulus on June 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM · Report this
so adorable that Ruben took the pic. true love rules! and so do fat chicks!
Posted by legacy builder on June 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM · Report this
You forgot the third option: "Hell yes"
Posted by ww on June 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM · Report this
Emily Nokes 9
I would also like the option to vote in favor of fat dogs!
Posted by Emily Nokes on June 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM · Report this
yos-wa 10
i once had someone ask if my dog was pregnant. my response was "nope, she's just fat." i laughed for about a half hour on that.
Posted by yos-wa on June 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM · Report this