Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blink-182 (Cover Band) To Play Block Party!

Posted by on Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM

The bad news is, Travis Barker of Blink-182 upside-down-drumming fame has decided to stop smoking weed. The great news is that a Blink-182 cover band called Silly Goose will be opening the Cha Cha Block Party show on Saturday!

Light googling tells me Silly Goose is Jenn Ghetto of Carissa’s Wierd with Thomas Wright and Jeffy Montano of Grand Archives. A hot tip also reveals that that Jenn handles Tom DeLonge's vocals. Which begs the question, who will handle the Mark Hoppus vocals? Are they even handle-able? I also found evidence of a few past shows and asked Luke Beetham of Pony Time what it was like to play with them:

EN: "You played with Silly Goose! Was it good? What songs did they play??"

LB: "I can't say. The one opportunity I had to see them, I had to hold Jen Ghetto's dog outside so she could play."

Na na na na na na na na na na
  • Na na na na na na na na na na

So there you have it. At least 15% of The Stranger music staff is really looking forward to this.

Comments (5) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Megan Seling 1
I CANNOT WAIT. ALL CAPS.
Posted by Megan Seling on July 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM · Report this
Kinda want to buy CHBP tickets just to see this. Thank goodness for youtube
Posted by Casey Nolan on July 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM · Report this
I was hoping every other lineout post would stop being about crappy 90s pop bands once Grant left. :-(

Line Out: "The best music blog of 1996!"

Line Out: "We hate all new music [except tacocat]!"

Line Out: "Like going back in a time machine just to listen to old 107.7 the end!"

Line Out: "Old Sublime songs LOL!"
Posted by that was mean but honest criticism :-( on July 19, 2012 at 4:43 PM · Report this
Josh Bis 4
#1 TOP CHBP ACT. I remember how Carissa's Wierd used to do a magnificent Avril Lavigne cover. SO BEST.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on July 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM · Report this
Ipso Facto 5
I want to go to there.
Posted by Ipso Facto http://therealnews.com on July 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM · Report this