Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Like Fat Creeps

Posted by on Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I recently caught a Fat Creeps set in Boston at an old-man-sports-bar type of place. The three members of Fat Creeps are neither fat nor creepy, but the name still fits somehow with their self described "lazy rock" style. Everyone was hypnotized by the sweet harmonies and captivating hooks, even the guy in the Wu-Tang shirt who was and SITTING IN A CHAIR, the only chair, in the middle of the crowd, while everyone else danced*.

The fact that Fat Creeps seldom smiled during their songs made me nervous at first, but once I started catching some of the lyrics, I realized they must be smirking on the inside. Watching their videos confirmed my smirk hunch, since they are downright goofy. Fat Creeps' "Cherry" is a perfect summer video, complete with a bitchy pizza and a pool party.

Their other vid, "Nancy Drew" is also something else.

*Okay fine, that guy kind of ruled.

Comments (6) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
bunnypuncher 1
Love this!
Posted by bunnypuncher http://twitter.com/princess_wolfie on July 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM · Report this
So good.
Posted by Orange shorts on July 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM · Report this
Thought you were talking about Derek. Zing!
Posted by Whoa there little lady! on July 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM · Report this
I'm annoyed I wasn't invited to this pool party.
Posted by Christopher Frizzelle on July 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM · Report this
Well, the literary prowess is shining through in this teenage-diary entry. I look forward to many more polls on which cat has the funnier look on its face...
Posted by pblake123 on July 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM · Report this