Line Out Music & the City at Night

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Speaking of Snoop Dogg...

Posted by on Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Did anyone notice the D-O-Double-Gizzle's almost-dreads in the photo from the below post? Turns out there's a reason for the rastaman look.

Snoop Lion is Snoop Dogg's new reggae alter-ego, and he released his first single "La La La," produced by Saturday night Block Party closers Major Lazer, last Friday. Billboard.com points out that "He's created a Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr and has reached out to celebrities through Twitter—such as the Kardashians, Martha Stewart and Rihanna—to send them "postive vibes" and links to "La La La." Okay then.

Stream "La La La" below. It's guaranteed to have you feeling irie, or just extremely weird about whatever the fuck is going on in the world today.

Comments (6) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
snoop lion sucks
Posted by hanzillaforRilla on July 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM · Report this
Megan Seling 2
I love it when musicians make alter-egos. Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines. Beyonce/Sasha Fierce. Lady Gaga/The greaser dude who smokes and wants to be Elvis.

Do they just get bored of being themselves?
Posted by Megan Seling on July 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM · Report this
Ipso Facto 3
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat da fuq!

Dem nah ready!

Actually, I kinda dig this.

I still like what Diplo did with Robyn more though.

"I go down low like shiwouw-shiwouw-ow-ow/
Wind my hips like shiwouw-shiwouw-ow-ow!"
Posted by Ipso Facto http://therealnews.com on July 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM · Report this
bunnypuncher 4
Megan - Gaga's alter-ego is (was?) Jo Calderone.
Posted by bunnypuncher http://twitter.com/princess_wolfie on July 24, 2012 at 9:28 PM · Report this
His youtube show "GGN News" is actually pretty damn entertaining and its all about weed culture and occasional tributes to Jah. I suspect Snoop Lion is just a recent turn of inspirational creativity.
Posted by Wedgwood99 on July 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM · Report this
Megan Seling 6
@4 That's right! She was only Jo for, like, a week, right? I'm not up on my Lady Gaga trivia...
Posted by Megan Seling on July 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM · Report this