Line Out Music & the City at Night

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sublime at the Petco

Posted by on Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I'll admit to not being a fan of Sublime and not knowing much at all about their music. This friendly chap in a Sublime shirt agreed to let me take his picture at the U-District Petco when I told him that I like to take photos of people in band shirts at businesses and then make jokes that relate the band and the business (see here and here).

40 oz. of bedding to freedom.
  • 40 oz. of bedding to freedom.

He and his friend both seemed a little confused, which is understandable. Regardless, here's the official Sublime pet store joke list:

"What did the customer reply when asked what kind of animal food he was shopping for? An iguana, is what I got."

"Why was the Rasta parrot owner denied a Petco credit card? Because Petco knows that Jah Won't Pay the Bills."

"Why did Bradley Nowell come back from the dead to go to Petco? Because Lou Dog was hungry, duh!"

Are there more Sublime pet shop jokes? There must be more.

Comments (10) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
How is Sublime like the B-52s? Because they "Rome" if they want too
Posted by jsmartinII on August 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM · Report this
Emily Nokes 2
Why did Bradley Nowell return his piranha to Petco?

Because it was a Badfish!

HA HA HA HA HA HA
Posted by Emily Nokes on August 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM · Report this
That pig looks photoshopped.
Posted by laceyswain on August 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 4
That pig is photoshopped.
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on August 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM · Report this
balderdash 5
Did you know that Sublime and working at Petco both suck?

There's no punchline, it's just true. Worst job I've ever had.
Posted by balderdash http://introverse.blogspot.com on August 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 6
he don't cry when his dog runs away.
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on August 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM · Report this
Emily Nokes 7
he don't get angry when the guinea pigs eat hay.
Posted by Emily Nokes on August 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM · Report this
More, I Say! 8
He don't get angry when his cat smokes pot.
Posted by More, I Say! on August 13, 2012 at 4:42 PM · Report this
hits the catnip and goes right to the litter box.
Posted by Anna Minard on August 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM · Report this