Line Out Music & the City at Night

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Is There Anything Worse Than Daniel Johnston Used In A Crappy Commercial For Axe Shampoo For Men?!

Posted by on Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Behold Daniel Johnston's song used in this terrible commercial for Axe Body Spray Hair For Men. Yuuuuuuuuuck! Is there anything worse?

h/t to Tom S.

Comments (16) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Kathy Fennessy 1
Holy crap, that's bad.
Posted by Kathy Fennessy http://kathleencfennessy.blogspot.com/ on August 22, 2012 at 4:45 PM · Report this
Gern Blanston 2
After watching the Axe commercial, I'd have to say there's nothing close to being as bad as that.
Posted by Gern Blanston on August 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM · Report this
I'm 85 Years Old 3
the correct answer of "no" is not an option on your little poll.
Posted by I'm 85 Years Old on August 22, 2012 at 4:57 PM · Report this
ryjan 4
How dare he make money off his music!
Posted by ryjan on August 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM · Report this
metardtard 5
The rent doesn't pay itself
Posted by metardtard on August 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM · Report this
The nerve of some people. It's as if they expect to pay the rent and put food on their table from money made off their music.

I miss the good old days when musicians starved and died alone penniless. At least they had cred then!
Posted by Chipster on August 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM · Report this
pizza king 7
Yeah I was happy for him because he probably got a big check for that.
Posted by pizza king http://owenstraw.com/blog on August 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM · Report this
I'm really stoked that he got paid for his music.
Posted by poorseattlemusician on August 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM · Report this
I am not against musicians getting fat checks from corporations.
What I am saying is it sucks when the product is so ill-matched, and the song so exploited.

Also, if you're gonna tell me you really like Axe Body Spray For Men, and/or Axe Hair Care For Men, then I am going to call you a goddamn liar!
Posted by Kelly O on August 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM · Report this
It's just cool that you gave King Khan and the Spits a total pass for schilling for Scion A/V, but hold DJ accountable.

*Golf Clap*
Posted by AdMan78 on August 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM · Report this
@10 - SCION A/V does a lot more interesting things than Axe Body/Hair.

I'll argue this, forever, if you like.
Posted by Kelly O on August 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM · Report this
Good match of song/artist to commercial product:
Posted by Kelly O on August 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM · Report this
Gern Blanston 13
I'm happy that Daniel Johnston is getting paid too, considering his cirucumstances. It's just too bad he had to get paid in a commercial where a woman is reduced to nothing but a pair of tits.
Posted by Gern Blanston on August 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM · Report this
Gern Blanston 14
*circumstances
Posted by Gern Blanston on August 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM · Report this
julie russell 15
Hmmmm...
Rhett Miller singing for the Olive Garden, Papas Fritas in a Mentos ad. Spoon for Jaguar, the Go!Team for Honda??
Posted by julie russell http:// on August 23, 2012 at 3:04 PM · Report this
Emily Nokes 16
Pfff, I think we can all agree that it's a shame when any artist agrees to have their music featured in a commercial for such a shitty company. Axe ads are nothing but barfy and misogynist on the lowest barf scale possible. That said, "woo" that he got a paycheck; BOO that companies like this one presumably have enough money to make it worthwhile.
Posted by Emily Nokes on August 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM · Report this