Line Out Music & the City at Night

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Has Don Henley Replaced GG Allin As the Most HATED in the Nation?

Posted by on Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM

IS THIS TRUE?! No joke, I heard THIS rumor last week at a local record shop. Yup, AND I'm inclined to believe this shit 'cause this information came from the mouth of a very important, and well connected, scene "mover" and/or "shaker", like, WHILE the first Eagles album, which I think is titled Cocaine Peppered Cocaine, buzzed lazily over the house speakers. Coincidence? WHOA! Oddly, or not, at this point in my life, I can't tell the difference between Allin and Henley. For serious. Well, 'cept Allin is dead. Uh, I'm not sure if y'all know this, but teh internet describes them BOTH as singer-songwriters. NO JOKE, so not even teh internet can tell the diff. So, again I ask, IS THIS TRUE?!? Does the nation now HATE Don Henley as much as it once HATED GG Allin? Hmmm, well, I know I hate Don Henley (tho' not as much as I hate Rod Stewart, godamn I fucking HATE that dickhead), 'cause when I hear THIS I feel like someone just took some poo and chucked it at me. That said, if Henley HAS replaced Allin should I expect LEGIONS of teenaged "Henley" wanna-bes lurking around? Uh, just like there usta be "punk" teenagers going through an obsessive and very awkward GG Allin phase in the late '90s?! If so, may God have mercy on us.

Comments (9) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on September 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM · Report this
Wicked Virgin 2
Is this a Line Out article or the label from Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps?
Posted by Wicked Virgin http://goo.gl/nBxVY on September 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM · Report this
LEE. 3
I think "Sunset Grill" is the real poop slinger, Mike.

@1 & 2

god bless the both of you!
Posted by LEE. on September 26, 2012 at 10:43 PM · Report this
Estey 4
It's all pretty clear to me. GG Allin covered "Carmelita" by Warren Zevon. Zevon said, "Enjoy every sandwich." Don Henley covered The Mentors' "Sandwich Of Love." Eagles = Daddies of Rape Rock, the true root genre of "Take It Easy." Thanks for blowing the lid off this, Mike!
Posted by Estey on September 27, 2012 at 8:23 AM · Report this
Kathy Fennessy 5
I love Stewart, hate Allin, ignore Henley.
Posted by Kathy Fennessy http://kathleencfennessy.blogspot.com/ on September 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM · Report this
Fnarf 6
Nobody gives a crap about Don Henley. It's Glenn Frey who's the real dick. The only reason anybody "hates" Don Henley is because of that ridiculous Mojo Nixon song.

But, uh, something like 0.01% of Americans have ever heard of GG Allin.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on September 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM · Report this
Paul Pearson 7
@2 - You're hired.
Posted by Paul Pearson on September 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 8
@2 Very well done, young sir.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on September 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM · Report this
If anyone hates Don Henley it's only because the man has changed his views on God and Heaven and has left the dark places he once embraced. It's not Don Henley but the hearts of men and women all over America that have gone to where he use to be. This past election was a the first time that America has changed direction and the Godless have out numbered those who truly believe. Notice how I did not use the word Christian because that is chum for sharks in today's society and a sad commentary about people in America today. Mention God anywhere and you will see demons rise up and confront you directly and openly if they are within ear shot of your conversation. You can call it all BS but it's real and everything happening today is spiritual warfare straight from the pages of the Bible.
Posted by Wisteria on December 9, 2012 at 4:49 AM · Report this